1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Uptiding 2012 Festival, Results, Pictures And Banter

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Jimthefloat, Nov 10, 2012.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 16th Nov

Another cracking day in the uptiding festival plenty of fish once again for the lads great to see.

paul.

2. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Time for an update again, with some photos Ive taken the last two days whilst at sea. Its like being back in summer mode again, with the weather behaving for us and letting us get to sea! we have had some absolutely cracking conditions this last week.

Photos from 15th November 2012
    I had Craig and the lads through from Hull, we fished north of Whitby today, even though the day was a little slow taking between 20 and 30 cod for the boat we still managed some fish of cracking quality including our first Lesser spotted dogfish taken off Port Mulgrave.

Andy with his first Cod of the day not a bad one weighing in at 9lb 9oz!
    [​IMG]

Calum with a fine codling
    [​IMG]

Andy again, this time with a 8lb 8oz Ling
    [​IMG]

Pat gets Mistress' first Lesser Spotted Dogfish not big at all weighing 2lb 4oz
    [​IMG]

Tasker finally nails a Cod, then took another couple on the trot!
    [​IMG]

Deano drops a line and pulls out a fine cod around 7lb in weight
    [​IMG]

Neil on his last drop nails an 11lber!
    [​IMG]

Photos from 16th November 2012
    We had a mixed bunch today, we went north again, and it fished well for us on the ebb tide, with nearly everyone taking a few fish, John Dixon setting the pace again seemingly catching them every cast! The fish all seemed of good stamp today. I would imagine we took between 40 and 50 Codlings the best being 7lb 12oz to Graham Thurlow of Redcar and the best bag went to John Dixon which weighed in the region of 47lb.

Just for laughs, local lad Paul Britton makes his 5lber look more like 10 for the photo!
    [​IMG]

Karl Kilbride with a fine Codling
    [​IMG]

John Dixon with a 5 and half pounder.
    [​IMG]

Graham Thurlow with a 6lber
    [​IMG]

John Dixon with a 6 1/2lber
    [​IMG]

Graham with a Pollock than went 6lb on the scales
    [​IMG]

Grahams daily winning fish of 7lb 12oz
    [​IMG]

Cheers Rich

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well done john, hope you got a big freezer mate ,
    you looking good for some prize money :cool:

4. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

Cheers chris, long way to go harry but fingers crossed mate :cheesy: fished same as monday had a mad few hours, i donated most of the fish to some lads who didnt do so well :educated: there was no point taking what i couldnt eat ha ha ha :hungry: my freezer is stocked to the hinges.

Tight lines

5. Antony

Antony New Member

Well done for sharing your catch with the other lads,nice one mate :)

6. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

Cracking day Rich top skipper as always :cool: without the eagle eyes of yourself and deano most of us wouldnt see those bites, to busy baiting up lol
    Once again hats off to you both and good luck with finding the biggy before the comp ends.

John

7. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 17th Nov

Heaviest Cod
    Mario Gromniak-Derby-6 lb 04 1/2 oz-Mistress

Also we had a visit from the fishery inspecters, checking private boats for undersize fish ???.

[​IMG]

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 17th Nov

How many did they find ?, and did you ask them if they were off over to Scarborough to check on black fish landings ?

9. Baramundi Bob

Also an interesting topic for discussion. At the Whitby fishing club they have a measure at the weigh in, People often bring fish that might be just undersize, if they are size they are weighed and if they are undersized they are discarded (a bit like a trawler discards tons of $hite fish out the bottom of the trawl). Are these people bringing undersized fish to a weigh in libel to be prosecuted ?

10. Jimthefloat

They are doing a survey of fish off private boats and anglers to see what is being caught and landed on this part of the coast.

11. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Its a discrace, anglers have very little if any impact on fish stocks, We are always very causious measuring our fish and making sure they go back alive for the future if they are undersize.

On a different matter, although we took the daily prize today, we struggled a bit and the going was hard, perhaps the hardest day of the competition. The lads tried all the baits they could and persevered through out the day. Well done Mario.

A couple of snaps from today . . . .

Eric Thakery with a Pollock just short of 6lb
    [​IMG]

Todays winner Mario from derby with his Daily prize winning fish
    [​IMG]

One day remaining folks, and its still all to play for!

12. Baramundi Bob

In all the years Ive fished I cant recall anyone even attempting to keep an undersized fish on a boat.

In times of austerity when public services are being cut or even closed, people being put out of work or forced to take unpaid leave and people on benefits for disabilities being forced off them and made to live in poverty, I object fully with public money being spent on paying an individual to work on a Saturday afternoon checking for undersized fish at an event where there is never going to be any.

I really hope this man was not on overtime, its a total disgrace and Dave Mcandles really needs to have a long hard think about where he's spending public money. Disgrace, an absolute disgrace as well he knows.

13. Jimthefloat

There was 2 of them.
    Also they gave me a handful of plastic cards, all printed with info.

14. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

They were up at Craster not so long back using a rib.

Anyway all being well i am down fishing from Mistress tomorrow for the last day of the festival.

Harry well done on the Cod.

Mick Dunn.

15. Baramundi Bob

Tell them to wedge their survey up their ar$e. This forum is running the match and they aint asked us about being allowed to run a survey on it. Cheeky £uckers.

16. pavel1983

pavel1983 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

many thanks to Rich! you did all to get us onto fisbes, which didnt want to cooperate today. its a shame have that great weather and lack of fishes.. i've been on few other boats in whitby as a newbe, !3only u and jean k are worth to go on,and i try about half of boats. great people, pleasure to fish with u,even results are crap.. thanks one more time

17. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Makes my blood boil with this lot pathetic hook all better to do the anual discard slaughter with the herrings spawning as it has just finished and they come near anglers who have no discards and in real terms pose no threat what so ever .

paul.

18. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

easy targets for the lazy bastads, ooh theres one we can do and save a bit of diesel, lets foooook the honest over, we cant catch the blackfish merchants, theyr'e too good for us. but look at these daft cunz, lets have em boyz,, like parking wardens , a bunch of cunz

19. Howard

Howard Blenny

As soon as I saw this I thought EY UP sat. , overtime budget ,(see you think same G.) use it or loose it , nice weather , sort targets bit of extra cash for crimbo. , nowt better to do utter disgrace almost worthy of the national rags as a story. Theres nothing much happening Brid way so think they will be sniffing up there again.

20. Baramundi Bob

Its public money being blown in a disgraceful manner. They aint ever going to find a single undersized fish and they know it. Like you say H. Saturday, overtime, easy job, jobs for the boys = total disgrace.