1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Uptiding 2012 Festival, Results, Pictures And Banter

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Jimthefloat, Nov 10, 2012.

1. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

I had my first experience of uptiding yesterday onboard Mistress with Rich. I had a fairly good idea of what to expect from reading all the posts on the Forum and it was great - even though I only managed to land two 3 to 4lb codling myself. We had bites for much of the time and I managed to lose a bigger fish that took me back into the rough stuff and I had to break off - I could still feel the fish "kicking" so I hope it got itself off.
    I was surprised at how small the bites registered on the rod tips - more like billet bites but I suppose with a big bow of line out you're not going to get many classic rod-bender cod bites!

I found casting a bit awkward and didn't like to give more than a gentle "lob" - bit it wasn't necessary to do more anyway so if anyone is put off by it don't worry :embarrass:

Regarding the "heaviest bag for the day", I'm with Slug on this and don't like to take fish home and spend another hour filleting them - and getting rid of the carcasses!
    If there's no prize or a bag is clearly not going to win, would it be possible to take a picture of the fish in the boat and get a rough idea of weight? That way we'd have a picture for the forum and still have time to fillet the fish and feed the gulls on the way back to harbour?
    Just a thought :wink:

One spooky moment - we'd been out for many hours when Dave (Slug) said "I'm surprised nobody's caught any whiting today?". Seconds later he got a bite and reeled in a whiting :laugh:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

By all means weigh and photograph your bag of fish on the boat with the boat scales. Obviously this wont go into the results section or be eligible for any prizes but it is always interesting to see how many and how big the fish are that people have caught. It all adds to the interest and the quality of this topic and I for one love to see peoples snaps.

3. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 15th Nov

Heaviest Cod

1st-Neil Dronsfield-Hull-11 lb 00 oz-Mistress
    2nd-Andy Officer-Hull-09 lb 09 1/2 oz-Mistress

Neil Dronsfield-Hull-11 lb 00 oz

[​IMG]

Andy Officer-Hull-09 lb 09 1/2 oz

[​IMG]

4. bigmc

bigmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 15th Nov

had a good day out with rich and deano on mistress.it was hard going with rich trying to put us on the fish,they just came in 1s and 2s,the bites were tentative and they didnt seem to be feeding with any urgency.the fish that did come were of a good stamp though.after another move andy got his 9lber then a trickle of smaller fish.then one last move and with ten minutes to lines up niel got his 11lber caught on straight squid.in fact the lads fishing with just squid caught the most fish.again thanks for another great trip. ps niels last name is dransfield not dronsfield.cheers

5. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

Must ov caught that as we left in the little red boat! Thought ya were heading in till we showed ya a few fish. !!!

6. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

u were just out off sight when we got it,,
    we were looking for some good ground ,u left at wrong time fish started not long after u went,

7. andyo123

andyo123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeah thanks for helping us out there showing us were the big fish was :laugh:

It was a tough day all round today with all boats struggling to find some fish.
    The first fish aboard was my 9lb 9oz cod and a slow trickle for the rest of the ebb.
    I had a nice ling of 8lb 8oz over slack water and once the flood started we started getting the cod again
    and the last fish of the day was Neil's 11lb cod.
    Baits used were cocktail baits of squid ,live lugworm,mussel and cart. Neil was to lazy to tie any worms or mussel on so was just using straight squid, and he even got too lazy to change his squid and caught the 11lb cod on a piece of squid he'd had out for two hours.

Thanks again to Rich and Deano for turning was was a difficult day into a very enjoyable one again.

8. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

We had t go then desn as we wouldnt ov got the boat in the trailef at high and we wouldnt ov got of the beach !!!Did ya move further up dean t our spot!!!!! We had 37 fish between 3 ov us roughly 10st a had 15 biggest was about 6-7lb good stamp ov fish !

9. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

no we just stayed were we were when u left,u had a good day then,

10. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

11. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

12. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

[​IMG]

13. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

Yeh had a good day deano , steady all day m8,we were going dizzy the times ya kept passing us!!!lol

14. andyo123

andyo123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

15. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Thanks Andy, the spot where we ended up is where we started in the morning, Ive had three doubles from that same spot over the last week. There just might be big one lurking there!

16. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Is the cod of 11 lb leading the festival at this point. Good luck to all who are fishing out with paul sunday, last day and gettin excited

17. Jimthefloat

Leaders up to 15th November

Heaviest Cod

1st-11 lb 07 1/2 oz
    2nd-11 lb 00 oz
    3rd-10 lb 14 1/2 oz

Heaviest Bag of Cod

57 lb 10 oz

Heaviest Other Species

19 lb 07 1/2 oz-Ling

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I am not overly pleased to find that reports and a lot of pictures from on this topic are finding there way onto a lot of different sites and forums. Ive gone to a lot of effort to try promote this event and get unique content for our site readers. If people are just going to blast it on every site all over the net I cant see the point in this site promoting the event again. We need exclusive high quality content here not on cbuk, anglers net, wsf etc and all the other sites people are using. If you duplicate this content across the net it devalues this topic and dilutes the amount of readers coming to the site. Publicity for the event should be done with press releases, limited content and a link back here. If people want to do their stuff elsewhere its not an issue but dont expect me to push you here. Time for some choices.

19. Jimthefloat

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 16th Nov

Heaviest Cod

Graham Thurlow-Redcar-7 lb 12 oz-Mistress

Heaviest Bag of Cod

John Dixon-Redcar-12 Cod-47 lb 02 1/2 oz-Mistress

Graham Thurlow-Redcar-7 lb 12 oz-Cod

[​IMG]

John Dixon-Redcar-12 Cod-47 lb 02 1/2 oz

[​IMG]

20. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 16th Nov

Well done John you certainly got another good bag there.