1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Uptiding 2012 Festival, Results, Pictures And Banter

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Jimthefloat, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.447453521968084.99459.211560138890758&type=1

2. Baramundi Bob

3. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 14th Nov

Heaviest Cod
    1st-Andrew Spilman-Whitby-5 lb 12 oz-Mistress
    2nd-G Arkle-Newcastle-5 lb 11 1/2 oz-Sea Otter 2

Heaviest Bag of Cod
    G Arkle-Newcastle-7 fish-26 lb 00 oz-Sea Otter 2

Andrew Spilman-5 lb 12 oz Cod

[​IMG]

G Arkle-5 lb 11 1/2 oz Cod

[​IMG]

G Arkle-7 Cod-26 lb 00 oz

[​IMG]

4. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 14th Nov

Its a pity i didnt realise we were weighhing heaviest bags today, one of my regular lads Dave had 8 fish all around the 4 - 5lb mark.

5. Baramundi Bob

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Up-Tide Festival Results 14th Nov

Should send them up anyways Rich, even if its not a winning bag its still nice to know whats caught.

6. Baramundi Bob

Nice to see Andy Spilman turning out and doing well.

7. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wish i had weighed in now rich lol 6 of my eight fish were over 4lb but nevermind i dont like filletting fish when i get home much rather do it on the boat.
    thanks for another great day rich plenty of fish and good banter and big thanks to deano to hes a great help.

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Would you believe another conger today onboard sea-otter 2 it went around 15lb thats two in a week amaizing where they are coming from.

[​IMG]

paul.

9. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I dont know tony but we had his older brother the other day it went 20lb still 4 days left in the comp who knows just what is going to come to the scales its been a superb festival upto press with plent of fish its all to play for.

paul.

11. picky11

picky11 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ive just weighed mine rich.8 fish.1stone 13lb.gutted.heads still on .still it was a nice day to fish.i thought it was just heaviest bag of the week.john .

12. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

I think its about time I wrote an update as Ive been a bit busy just lately with the current uptiding competition we're running here at Whitby. Even with the stiff winds we're still getting away fishing everyday with some fantastic results.

The first two days of the competition we had small tides and as a result the sport turned out to be a little slow with us only taking 20-30 codlings each day upto around 7lb or 8lb in weight.

The third day however saw a big jump in the size of the tides, this resulted in some excellent sport onboard Mistress, we took Cod over 10lb in weight (whick took the daily prize and is currently third heaviest Cod overall) and individual bags in excess of 57lb per angler. All fish caught seemed to be between 4lb-6lb with a scattering of better fish thrown in.

Today the big ones were a bit elusive, but the best angler onboard took 8 Cod all weighing between 3lb and 6lb, not a bad bag of fish at all. The biggest today weighed in at 5lb 12oz by local angler Andy Spilman and made the lucky chap £50 for his efforts. Well done mate.

Heres a few snaps Ive taken so far . . .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Baramundi Bob

Well all I can say is that this festival has been a massive success, All skippers were asked to join in and I'm wondering what those boats are thinking who refused to take part.

I would like to thank Paul, Rich and John for making this event a massive success, and of course a big mention must be given to Jim The Float for his professional handling of the weigh in and for keeping us all updated with the results.

Weve had lots of double figure cod, some nice ling to 20lbs and even a conger. The event has had coverage from Boat Fishing Monthly magazine and anglers have come to enjoy the fishing from far and wide.

Admittedly there hasnt been massive numbers of fish, and Ive been very surprised at the lack of small codlings, however this has been more than made up for with the quality of the fish on offer with anglers catching 5 or 6 fish easily making bag weights of 30lbs plus.

The weather has been kind to us with no days lost to weather so far. Fingers crossed for continuing good weather and some more big fish coming to the scales before we finish at the weekend.

14. Baramundi Bob

Results so far:

Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Uptiding festival

Further Reading

Festival Gallery
    Forum topics on Uptiding
    Sea Otter 2 Reports and Info
    Mistress Reports And Info
    Sea Otter 2 Photographs
    Mistress Photographs
    Our Facebook Page

Results

Day One

Heaviest Cod - Colin Harrison - Keighly - 11 lb 07 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2

Day Two

1st Steve Barlow - Kendal - 09 lb 03 1/2 oz - Never Can Tell 'A'
    2nd Peter Reilly - Newark - 08 lb 01 1/2 oz - Never Can Tell 'A'

Day Three

1st Harry Cook - Stockton - 10 lb 03 1/2 oz - Mistress
    Any Other Species - Jim Midgley - Boat Fishing Monthly - 19 lb 07 1/2 oz - Ling - Sea Otter 2
    Heaviest Bag - John Dixon - Redcar - 13 Cod - 57 lb 10 oz - Mistress

Day Four

Heaviest Cod - Glen Kilpatrick - Whitby 10 lb 14 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2
    Heaviest Bag of Cod - Glen Kilpatrick - 7 Cod - 39 lb 07 oz - Sea Otter 2

Day Five

Heaviest Cod
    1st - Andrew Spilman - Whitby - 5 lb 12 oz - Mistress
    2nd - G Arkle - Newcastle - 5 lb 11 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2

Heaviest Bag of Cod
    G Arkle - Newcastle - 7 fish - 26 lb 00 oz - Sea Otter 2

Day Six

Day Seven

Current Leaders

Heaviest Single Cod - Heaviest Cod - Colin Harrison - Keighly - 11 lb 07 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2

[​IMG]

Second Heaviest Cod - Glen Kilpatrick - Whitby 10 lb 14 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2

Third Heaviest Cod - Harrk Cook - Stockton - 10lb 7oz - Mistress

Heaviest Bag Of Cod - John Dixon - Redcar - 13 Cod - 57 lb 10 oz - Mistress

[​IMG]

Heaviest Any Other Species - Jim Midgley - Boat Fishing Monthly - 19 lb 07 1/2 oz - Ling - Sea Otter 2

[​IMG]

Best Pictures

[​IMG]

15. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

well done John you fished well today also. thats two potential heavier bags than what was weighed in then. I thought the same also, the prize is for the heaviest bag but the anglers reading the thread would also like to know the heaviest bag of the day. its food for thought for the next competition, maybe having a daily fish and bag prize.
    thanks again for coming today your picture is also on CBUK!
    best regards
    Rich

16. Baramundi Bob

There is no prize for heaviest day bag with the only prize being for heaviest bag in festival which is currently nearly 60lb, just for general interest really but if people have good bags and want to weigh them Im sure Jimbob will be only to happy to oblige.

17. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Rich as glen said only a prize for the heaviest bag overall its on the poster another lad onboard had something similar if not more but didnt take them to the scales gary weighed them because he had 2 fish to weigh for the daily prize it was very close so he just took his bag of fish up, he just got pipped by half an once and he wanted to see what his bag was but he was the only man there with his bag of fish the biggist bag is over the week so nothing lost bud maybe next year biggist fish and biggist bag every day.

paul.

18. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think the Heaviest Bag of Cod Results and Photo's show the other anglers and non anglers the stamp of fish that you can expect.
    And a daily prize for Heaviest Bag of Cod would reward the angler for the work he has but in catching them.

19. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

I agree Jim there has been some quality fish this uptiding season, this uptide competition is still fairly young and it may take a a couple of seasons to perfect the prize pool.

As Glenn has already said, it has been a massive success this year, thankfully we managed to raise enough sponsorship to cover the event, we have been very lucky with the weather also so far.

20. Baramundi Bob

I hope next year we can get more sponsorship and extra prizes such as a daily prize for heaviest bag. I also think we should limit the competition to the 3 boats who participated this first year. Three seems to be enough and if you had more boats it would probably end up with less bookings per boat.