1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHITBY SEA ANGLERS FORUM PRESENTATION NIGHT

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Dec 6, 2012.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well there is only thing i can say about the whitby sea anglers uptiding festival it was fantastic week for weather and for the fishing plenty of quality fish came to the scales top prizes were all double figure cod and ling just short of 20lb as well but it went right down to the wire with a 20 lb cod on the last day on never can tell a absolutly brillant what way to end the competition.

I must say a massive thankyou to our sponsors who made this competition what it is, first gary jones from his work and to some of his other work colleaugues who in total sponsored £500 also glen kilpatrick who owns this site a very big thankyou plus frank cope plus all 3 skippers sponsored the event to make up the cash prizes £1700 in cash was paid out over the week i also must say a big thankyou to all ladies and gents who entered the competition plus a big thankyou jimmy hewitson our weigh master who is also a member on here jim did a fatastic job.

John whitton getting the £1000 cash for the winner on never can tell who unfortunatly couldnt be there is collect his prize.
    From left to right richard cope mistress skipper ,heaviest bag winner john dixon receiving his £100 for the heaviest bag from gary jones sponsor ,john whitton skipper of never can tell a , paul kilaptrick skipper of sea-otter 2.

[​IMG]

Competition Winners

Heaviest Single Cod - Piotr Janik - Doncaster - 20 lb 12 1/2 oz - Never Can Tell 'A' ---£1000

Second Heaviest Cod - Colin Harrison - Keighly - 11 lb 07 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2----£150

Third Heaviest Cod - Neil Dronsfield - Hull - 11 lb 00 oz - Mistress----£100

Heaviest Bag Of Cod - John Dixon - Redcar - 13 Cod - 57 lb 10 oz - Mistress----£100

Heaviest Any Other Species - Jim Midgley - Boat Fishing Monthly - 19 lb 07 1/2 oz - Ling - Sea Otter 2-----£100

Double Figure Cod

Piotr Janik - Doncaster - 20 lb 12 1/2 oz - Never Can Tell 'A'
    Colin Harrison - Keighly - 11 lb 07 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2
    Neil Dronsfield - Hull - 11 lb 00 oz - Mistress
    Glen Kilpatrick - Whitby 10 lb 14 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2
    A Burkinshaw - Barnsley - 10 lb 11 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2
    Harry Cook - Stockton - 10 lb 03 1/2 oz - Mistress

Heavy Bags

John Dixon - Redcar - 13 Cod - 57 lb 10 oz - Mistress
    Glen Kilpatrick - 7 Cod - 39 lb 07 oz - Sea Otter 2
    G Arkle - Newcastle - 7 fish - 26 lb 00 oz - Sea Otter 2

Daily Results all daily winners each win £50

Day One

Heaviest Cod - Colin Harrison - Keighly - 11 lb 07 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2

Day Two

1st Steve Barlow - Kendal - 09 lb 03 1/2 oz - Never Can Tell 'A'
    2nd Peter Reilly - Newark - 08 lb 01 1/2 oz - Never Can Tell 'A'

Day Three

1st Harry Cook - Stockton - 10 lb 03 1/2 oz - Mistress
    Any Other Species - Jim Midgley - Boat Fishing Monthly - 19 lb 07 1/2 oz - Ling - Sea Otter 2
    Heaviest Bag - John Dixon - Redcar - 13 Cod - 57 lb 10 oz - Mistress

Day Four

Heaviest Cod - Glen Kilpatrick - Whitby 10 lb 14 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2
    Heaviest Bag of Cod - Glen Kilpatrick - 7 Cod - 39 lb 07 oz - Sea Otter 2

Day Five

Heaviest Cod
    1st - Andrew Spilman - Whitby - 5 lb 12 oz - Mistress
    2nd - G Arkle - Newcastle - 5 lb 11 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2

Heaviest Bag of Cod
    G Arkle - Newcastle - 7 fish - 26 lb 00 oz - Sea Otter 2

Day Six

1st - Neil Dronsfield - Hull - 11 lb 00 oz - Mistress
    2nd - Andy Officer - Hull-09 lb 09 1/2 oz - Mistress

Day Seven

Mario Gromniak - Derby - 6 lb 04 1/2 oz - Mistress

Day Eight

1st - Piotr Janik - Doncaster - 20 lb 12 1/2 oz - Never Can Tell 'A'
    2nd - A Burkinshaw - Barnsley - 10 lb 11 1/2 oz - Sea Otter 2

paul.

2. dmc

dmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Whitby sea angling forums Uptiding festival presentation

Congratulations to all,

,It just goes to show what a fantastic area we have to fish wether on the shore or out on the boats it doesnt matter wether its summer or winter.We are fortunate to have skippers who are anglers themselves
    and are passionate about the sport,and do thier utmost to put you on the fish.
    They continually promote the port of Whitby and sponser events themselves this could be any of the festivals or the fun evening comp for the RNLI.

Also a big thanks goes to the behind the sceenes guys and girls for the weigh in and reporting the catches,I dont think i would be out of order by thanking you all from everybody that has taken part in the comps or just having fished with you.
    :cool:
    So from me and every body that fishes from Whitby thanks lads

Dave Crawford

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Whitby sea angling forums Uptiding festival presentation

Thanks dave,

Very much appreciated the competition was a great sucess weather was very kind plus the lads got some cracking fishing .

paul.

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

It was a fantastic week for all,
    the fish came on well every day,

the skippers done there very best to find the fish , after all they all want to be the winning skipper ,
    i dare say a little friendly teasing goe,s on as to who has found the best of the fishing ,

i for one will be back next year trying to win another £50 ,or even the big one ,
    thanks to evryone for making it a great week :cool:

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers harry glad you enjoyed it bud the weather oh so kind.

paul.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

John looks like hes on the loose from high security

7. jethro

jethro New Member

I'd have said he's in love with killer!!!!

8. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

I reckon that moneys superglued to his hand!