1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Parking

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by foo, Apr 22, 2014.

1. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

I know employment is currently a very hot potatoe locally and I am a bit nervous about asking to be honest but here goes. After basically been shafted last summer by Redcar and Cleveland Council after 10 months of job searching my son has finally secured employment in Whitby in the Angel. His working hours vary from day to day and can start any time from 08:00 and finish as late as 01:30 some days, This is where the problem is as he is having to pay £5.50-£6.50 every day he works. Obviously he is on the minimum wage so 5 days parking is costing him at least £27.50. Therefore I am respectfully asking if any of the Whitby residents know of any secure parking that would be cheaper for my son please or even the availability of something like a seasonal parking ticket ? Thanks peeps.

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

do you know any boat owners ??

3. foo

Yes mate a couple

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

well if tou ask them about a parking space with there moorings they should be able to put your sons car to there boat....75pound a year I beleive it cost bit well worth it

5. foo

Nice one Perry I will ask them cheers ;)

6. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

this may sound daft , but can he get a folding bike or something ,find a decent place to park free then use the bike to get to & fro from the angel , foo ?

7. foo

It would need an engine Pete as we live the wrong side of Lythe bank mate ! Nice idea though

8. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think its a bit more expensive for the year than that now, its called a crew permit and you can get them from the marina office if you go along with the boat owner ;)

9. foo

Thanks Ben, I've contacted a couple of my mates who fish out of Whitby and hopefully one of them can come up with a solution. Thanks for the replies guys. Its great my son is now working but if a solution cannot be found to the parking issue it looks as though S.B.C are going to price him out of employment. Talk about a vicious circle.............................

10. E.F.C. FOREVER

S.B.C. STRIKES AGAIN

11. rizla

rizla Blenny

hi,don't know if your son is interested,but i recently read that york potash was intending to provide apprenticeships in the whitby / scarborough area. i don't know when this is due. meanwhile i hope he finds somewhere to park. http://yorkpotash.co.uk/jobs-and-suppliers/apprenticeships/

12. foo

Excellent thanks Rizla