1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Open Fishing Match 2012

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Well done Pete aka Cliff Top Runner on your win and 12lber! A worthy winner from an unfashionable venue!

2. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

can,t understand the secretcy was a good turn out for match over 100 fished was well supported at the weigh in

was nice to able to put a good fish on the scales from the seal city of gristhorpe must of been 30/40 of em at least

swimmig up and down all day

and nice to have a good banter at

the weigh in

looking forward to next open match

pete :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Pete, your the man.

Was talking to John Butler (used to fish with Bri Harland) in the pub last night, and I said you had won with a 12 pounder. He instantly said "Gristhorpe".

4. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Well done Peter class fish mate

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one again pete, brave man going to the 'greatham creek', of scarborough area, ispired really , go to a place where you know nobody has fished for a long time because of the seals, and hope one of the holes holds a fish or two the seals hav'nt got to, mint outcome mate :yes:

6. cps

cps Rockling

get fished alot not as much as the brig but still gets fished a good bit just not publicised, turns alot of good fish out , said to pete on the way on we were looking for a 10lber and a couple of mops well he got the double and i got the mops LOL

7. Lobbers

there you go then, i woulnt have though there would be much in the gulleys down there what with all the seals, shows you what i know, and erm you've just made it global chris :laugh:

8. Codcrusader

Codcrusader Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Haha still no results. You dont deserve them.

9. cps

cps Rockling

plenty of seals down there for everyone i dont mind shareing them lol

10. Lobbers

how about shooting them

11. cps

cps Rockling

wouldent be able to cary enough amo down there in one go LOL
    there that tame you could hand feed some of them god know what the big ones must weigh there like 50 galon drums with a head and fins

12. Pollock Kid

Pollock Kid New Member

Why take the ammo down ? Get a decent rifle n lay on cliff top lol saves a walk ;)

13. Lobbers

take a pick axe handle down there with you and brain them. they need culling, a pest to evryone to do with the sea, im surprized the hartlepool contingent havnt had a blitz on them at greatham creek, some days they are 150 of them sat sunning themselves on the high creek , left of the aptly named seal sands road.
    there is that many of them now, and they are that hungry, lads fishing local winter club matches off the south gare, are having seals snap every whiting off the hook in darkness, .i'd never seen this before until last year, the mary's lads wereon the south gare end, the seals were chasing everyones whiting in and biting them off in the dark, they must be hungry to do that. in the summer the main sport on the south gare for the fairweather doyles, is crank a macky in before one of the thirty odd seals snaps you.

14. stiffmeister2

stiffmeister2 Hooked On Bass

Well said Glen about the idiots don't give them nothing at all :butt:

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

No worries mate, they wont get anything here. Just wish I could close the site off to them and their members. I see lots of their names, day in day out in the site stats, theyve gained masses of information across the year on boat fishing, kayak fishing, bass fishing, etc etc etc. Yet I cant think of many of them who have given much of any worth back to this site. If they dont like this site I cant work out why they are on it everyday.. Plus I know that as soon as I say a single word about the club, someone immediately texts Peter Horbury (Banned from Whitby Charter Boats For His Attitude) to tell him whats been said. Ive also had freinds who have come to me and apologised saying words to the effect of "Sorry Glenn, I cant talk about the club or results any more on the site, its just not worth the hassle I get at the weigh in". Personally I think they can £uck off.

16. riley.

riley. Blenny

Well done Pete on your victory it was my first ever double I've seen someone pull out , shame it wasn't mine or cps's

17. stiffmeister2

stiffmeister2 Hooked On Bass

I can't see the problems with all the lads sharing all information on about our beloved sport but for some reason like you state you get some jumped up idiot who thinks he is thinking of England because he runs a club Whoopi do :no: myself ill tell everyone even if I don't know them on this site everything that I know ie baits used where the fish were last night and where I was fishing because it's no skin off my nose if a few more lads turn up at the same venue as me? I think reading over the past year or so that the club in question is pathetic because a fishing club is surely there to help fellow anglers with every aspect of fishing and not withold things like bloody match results then to be so stupid as to reprimand the poor angler and member on this site for posting the results. I used to fish saltburn club most Sundays with Mr lobley, and he will tell you the gentleman who ran the club would share everything with everyone on the old Cleveland sea angler 5 minutes after the weigh in and that would include bait used to catch the heaviest fish and bag Glen so it just show how petty people can get? Considering the huge amount of free information on this site you would expect the big wigs from the Whitby club to share a bit with us al instead of treating information like they are top secret documents :clown: Rant over where are the fish Glenn pmsl

18. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

It's behind me why people think they can comment about Whitby club when they don't no anyone in it or have anything to do with it I thort this post was to congratulate pete on winning another good open this year with an awesome fish not to carry on about a club that 90 percent of people who comment about it have no idea about, just jumping on to someone else's argument so why can't people let it lie and say well done pete on your fish and another good win instead of having there input about something they no nothing about aswell anyone who fishes a club competitively is a lier if they say they share all info because that is bollox because if you are a serious club / match angler you aren't going to share everything if you have a slight upper hand because we all fish them to win it's a completely different story to the lads on here who just pleasure fish no malice to it people just sometimes like to keep things quiet and to there advantage in a club/ match environment

19. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

When Ive asked questions about the club matches on the forum, the silence is deafening, and I include you in that statement Matty

My sentiment too, I was hoping that Matty would have posted a topic on his debut season (last year) during the lull between yakking/

Bass hunting etc, so non club anglers could have an "independant" , non jugemental insight from a first timer.

Hope he hasnt gone over to the dark side,

someone last heard him down Kettleness moaning about his "precious"

All the "doubles" have been caught down there.

you need to be down ravenscar way.

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

:laugh: gone over to the dark side!

to be honest I thought about posting about my first year when you mentioned it but never got round to it.

people who know me know I tell them everything about where i was on club nights, what i caught (and usually didnt catch ). i don't hold anything back. just because I don't put it on here doesn't make me secretive (and I have never been discouraged from posting anything on this site by anyone at the club)

I've posted a lot on this site over the last few years and try and help people where I can. Admittedly my reports have tailed off in the last year or so and club fishing has probably been a major cause of that due to been busy bait collecting and fishing, but haven't many of the regular posters of the past few years done the same (Ray, gary etc)

Glenn wont publicise anything to do with the club on his website and that's his choice, but all the information about the club is out there for people to find.