1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whitby harbour

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by halibut man, Dec 23, 2010.

1. halibut man

halibut man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a birth in whitby.The last time i asked down at the harbour they said there was a 5 year waiting list

2. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

They were right. Have you filled in an application for a mooring if not you need to.
    That is the only way to be considered for a mooring.

3. halibut man

Ye was going to but with the waiting list didn"t see the point

4. kirkby lad

kirkby lad New Member

the mooring wating list can depend on the size of the boat. Usually the drying out berths come available first and then you have to wait for a deep birth one. I think we got a drying out berth straight away because they had just provided some new deep water ones and we got a deep water one after two years. but like Dolphin says you got to put your name down first, waiting lists are not as long as the names on it because usually people change their minds.

5. halibut man

Thaks for the advice lads.Iwill have to get my ass in gear and fill in the forms and see what comes up

6. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

What size boat do you have ?

7. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Have you considered steers Steve mate

8. steerser

steerser Blenny

Not certain, but i think you need to live in the village to get a berth.

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

ok mate cheers I thought that had been relaxed in recent years but maybe not.

10. halibut man

I would like to buy another one something like an Alaska 500 or maybe something a bit bigger

11. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

You can always try to buy a boat that has a berth already and Roberts your fathers brother.

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Just stick it in the harbour. Theres that many boats Im sure no-one will notice another.

13. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Harbour dues and mooring fees set to rise, most people should have received their contracts now, makes me wonder how many will renew. its appauling to think they are raising harbour dues without any improvement in services.

14. Howard

Howard Blenny

Thats the most sensible thing Ive heard in ages AND Im not joking.
    Goodness knows what they do with the cash raised from the harbour Taxes all I can think of is an army of council clones with clipboards full of tick boxes walking around the quayside ticking away.
    The charter skippers in my opinion get the rawest deal when they took away the tioilets and raised the parking fees I know it was the last straw to a number of regular customers. Such a shame when they bring so much business into the town.
    Anyway sorry to go on Merry Chrismas!
    PS no catch reports from me for months cause not even bothering its crap fishing.

15. spratman

spratman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

and they are going to charge us for parking :wounded:

imo councils are like minny goverments in a word corrupt

and its people like us who pick up the tab ,feck em all

happy xmas to all on wcsa and tightlines for 2011 spratman

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

and if you dont manage a jimmy riddle over the side before you return ,
    you have to buysomething in the fleece to use there,s,
    trouble is you have to go again before you leave :laugh: