1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Fishing Tackle Shops - Another Tackle Shop In Whitby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by barrymac, May 10, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Another Tackle Shop In Whitby

WCSA Boats Such As Shytorque Support Whitby Angling Supplies. See Here on The Shytorque Website:

http://www.shy-torque2000.com/

2. Baramundi Bob

Re: Another Tackle Shop In Whitby

and here

http://www.shy-torque2000.com/www.shy-torque2000.coms/info.php?p=7

Rich Ward is a well respected skipper here at Whitby, he talks sense, Martin And Jackie sponsor this forum and have done for many years, they have also put thousands of pounds into the angling festivals as well as finding sponsors for many of the charter boats. We owe it to them to give them our custom, they are part of the success of sea angling at whitby and without them our forum and events would not be half as good.

3. martin

martin New Member

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb219/Bram59/witch-hunt.jpg

4. Baramundi Bob

Keep drinking the free coffee Martin. The lads support Whitby Angling Supplies for very good reasons. Ask your friend about Seajay, or his Wifes conversation on the swing bridge with Glenn Stocks. There are numerous other things I could mention. Ask him why he chose to ignore me and many others for several years for no reason whatsoever. We are good people in Whitby and look out for each other but you only push us so far and that includes me.

5. martin

martin New Member

[​IMG]

did battery go flat

6. jethro

jethro New Member

I think its a question of each individuals choice on which tackle shop or cafe etc they use. I will always use WAS as I have always got good sound advice and the shop always seems to look good. Dan has always freely given me advice and therefore I use it.
    I also have a preference with the cafe I use in a morning when I'm in Whitby. The one I use always gives good service and the food is good. The other I don't like as the food seems to be deep fried and greasy.
    As I said its everyone to their own. :vomit:

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well , i dont get to whitby as much as i would like ,
    but when i do it is WAS that i visit ,apart from Dan being a friend he knows whitby like the back of his hand when it comes to fishing ,

he allways gives you a bargain, to me he is the most valuble asset they have :yes:

8. Baramundi Bob

If people reading this don't like my stance or that of the site then I would suggest they dont read the site. We support Whitby Angling Supplies and not the other shops. Phoning me up and shouting at me whilst im with my friends on a Saturday afternoon wont do you any favours either.

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Just a thought Glenn, Would other tackle shops in the area be welcomed to advertise on the forum,
    if they did it would stop all the bitching between those for or against any particular shop, :embarrass:

10. Baramundi Bob

11. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

i think some people are taking this a bit far ringing glenn and giving him abuse down the phone is out of order come on boys and girls play nicely everybody has a right to there opinion and use whichever fishing shop they wish.

wsa sponsor the site so glenn is going to recommend them and glenn uses them his self

theres no fishing shops were i live so i shop on line

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

If you have a sponsor you look after them the WCSA are sponsored by Martin and Jackie at Whitby angling supplies they continued the shops support after taking over Whitby angling supplies from the previous owner Eric Wilson Eric sponsored the WCSA for many years the WCSA very much appreciate what both owners have done over the years glen is doing the same the site is sponsored by Martin and Jackie and he also looks after there interests .

Paul

13. martin

martin New Member

i did not ABUSE glen on the phone
    if you want you can listen to the conversation as all my calls on the mobile are recorded

14. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Re: Whitby Fishing Tackle Shops - Another Tackle Shop In Whitby

What he said!!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

15. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Re: Whitby Fishing Tackle Shops - Another Tackle Shop In Whitby

I am sure you know the law better than me if you are recording all your calls.

But I think if you are planning to share the contents with anybody you have to have the permission of the person you recorded?

Will

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

16. Baramundi Bob

I wouldnt say Martin abused me, what I will say is he made a call to me I did not ask him to make, he spoke over me for most of the call and made many non factual statments. Also he started to raise his voice to me so I advised him I was in the company of friends and I did not want to have any calls from him before I hung up.

There is a very big story behind this, but its not my business to tell it. WCSA may or may not wish to make a statment but what i will say is Malcolm Pitman is not welcome to have advertising via this site, either directly or by getting his customers to do it for him, I am not the only person who feels this way, read Rich Wards site, the same sentiment is made there.

If he or is friends wish to take issue with that then they need to understand they will come out of it looking pretty bad. I pay the bills for this site, I make the decisions on what happens. If you dont like it then go elsewhere but please dont try to sneak your advertising in through the back door as it will backfire on you. I also have full proof of every word I speak so Im quite happy to have the whole lot in public.

Im quite happy for Martin to post up his recording of our phone call, he has my full permission so long as he does not edit it and posts the full recording. No issues at all, but also be aware I will publish all correspondence I receive on this matter from Martin or anyone else for that matter. Lets have the whole lot in the open.

Others reading this should also learn a lesson. When you speak to Martin, he is likely to record you without telling you. That speaks volumes about the type of people your dealing with. Who does such a thing ? dreadful really.

17. jethro

jethro New Member

I can fully sympathise with you on this Glen. You are very passionate about the site and you seem to really enjoy running and moderating it.
    To Martin... You obviously don't like the site or at least you have an ulterior motive for posting the things you do in such a controversial fashion. Can i ask you.. If you don't like Glen, or you don't like things that are posted on here. Why do you come on?? beats me really mate..

18. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Jethro, Ive been speaking to a few people today and it appears the general consensus is to get rid of the trouble causers.

I think in the next few days some of them will find themselves no longer welcome.

Ask yourselves this :

If an angler was found to have cheated in a fishing match and subsequently banned for life by full committee, would you allow him to attempt to enter the match in future years ?

Or if a certain person decided to verbally abuse the president of Whitby Charter Skippers putting the future of sponsorship for the event at risk, would you allow the abuser and their friends to come on your website for free advertising ?

Glenn Stocks is president of WCSA. Over the years he has put tens of thousands of pounds into prizes for WCSA events and he has also sponsored our forum match to the tune of £1000 plus a trophy. Would you give free advertising to people who shouted and swore at him in the middle of town for no reason whatsoever ?

At the end of the day, these people have had chance to be quiet and get on with normal use of the forum, instead they continued to push it, even ringing me up, shouting at me whilst at the same time recording the call without my knowledge. The bad publicity they bring on themselves is well deserved.

At Whitby we look after the people who look after us. That is Martin, Jackie and Dan at Whitby Angling Supplies.

19. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

20. martin

martin New Member

jethro i dont post much on this site but ive been on for the last 5 years ive known glen for the same amount of time i have no beef with glen or the site, i also use all 3 shops to get tackle from, I also say what i think and as others do on the site it looked to me a witch hunt. If i have upset you Glen i apologies to you, if you wish to ban me from the site that is up to you as you own it