1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Fishing Forum Beach Match - Sunday 27th May, 10am til 2pm At Upgang

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, May 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Upgang Beach Match

Sunday 27th May.

Fishing Times 10am til 2pm

Meet at the corner of Upgang Lane and Mulgrave road. There is plenty of free parking in the immediate area.

[​IMG]

Fishing will be in pegged zones between Upgang slipway and Newholme Beck

[​IMG]

£10 per man sweep.

Catch measure and release format.

------------------------------------------------

Additional info from lobbers.

If there's surf on the day, a long flowing pennell with good sharp hooks for the bass, 2/0 or 3/0 about perfect. if theres a little bit of movement, theres still chance of a bass, so a two hook flapper with good chemicaly etched 1/0 or 2/0 hooks will take the occasional bass and any decent sized flatfish or coleys that are about. if its like a millpond, a lighter bass rod with 2oz bombs, and a two hook flapper, with anything down to a size 8 hook, this is real scratch a dab tactics, there will be small turbot,brill, pennock, flounder, codling that will fall to these tactics, so basicaly bring a few rigs for all situations.
    small rag(maddies),rag,lug,fresh and frozen peeler, squid, mackerel for bait, absolutely no crystals ray Grin

2. Baramundi Bob

In so far.

Lobbers
    Glenn
    Ramrod
    Baza
    Hopefully D Brown

Please say below if you will be attending.

3. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

i'll try to make it but its the morning after my stag night so i might be too worse for wear ???

4. Baramundi Bob

Probably be naked on a train to Glasgow mate.

5. Acko

Acko Rockling

Ill be there.

6. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Theres a good chance Allan aka "Bassman" will be fishing this with me so he might be coming

Danny

7. bassman

bassman Administrator

sorry dan its the brid junior week end the 27th

8. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Ohh right im supposed to be fishing that so i dont think ill be fishing the match sorry lads.

Danny

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Slow down lads I can,t count me money that fast ;D
    Don,t worry Tim you give us the tenner on the Saturday and we,ll tell you if you won or not on the Monday.

10. uggy

uggy Blenny

Would love to make it lads but tied up in Norway where my fishing has been put to one side due to the amount of fit, young, bright blonde single ladies, (well, the amount of hours I'm working more than anything). Good luck to all.
    If any of you have any peelers for sale late on in the season, preferebly prepared and frozen, don't hesitate to contact me for exceptional rates, around 4 to 5 hundred should saffice! That's crabs mind, not pounds, but will part with my Krone's for bait!
    Again, have a great day.
    Uggy.

11. mww

mww Rockling

Will try to make it - will know better closer to the time.

Mart

12. cps

cps Rockling

going to a barbie the night before proberbl be at it untill late so not fit to drive but well see

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

I think i,ll be there ,...

14. mww

mww Rockling

I'll come & pick you up cps - if it's owt like the morning after the last BBQ you had, there'll be enough food & beer laid about for the lads in the comp.....for most of the following week!!!

Mind you, there won't be nice comfy bunks for you to retire into when the fishing slows down like there was that day.... ::)

Mart

15. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Unfortunately I am working that day so unable to come - have a good one

16. seajay

seajay New Member

i will try to make it and i will bring another lamb with me.

17. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

any youngsters with the boys £5 in i think, but they can take the two big prizes, only fair i think ;)

18. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Sounds fine by me and I will try to remember to bring both my leads. All this talk of bass sounds like a 'plopping' job to me but does it fish at range and will you see your lead again if you whack one out there?

Cheers, T

19. robq

robq Rockling

90% sure I will be there, just got to sort some child care arragements first !! will let you know for definite ASAP ;D

20. greenways

greenways New Member

:DWill try to make it,might have to bring my missus though ,it being a bank holiday weekend,but she dosnt mind a bit of fishing herself.Im not much cop at this beachcasting lark,how far do we need to lob it?and whats the bottom like?etc .Cheers