1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Fishing Club - An Officially Unoffical Trip to Bempton - Cod To 6lbs.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whitby Bass Club Report

Bempton Cod Fishing

For quite some time now the ladds have had a yearly pilgrimage to the mecca of early season cliff fishing @ Bemmo Tops. It was organised to travel down in the papal minibus at a fantastic price of 3 pound a head.

We had initially decided to meet at the bandstand but as we are now officially the unofficial Whitby Club and having stooped very low last Wednesday by fishing the same Marks as the official club, we felt we better meet at Dan's mums house instead.

[​IMG]

The Ladds gathered at 5.30 and Father ted drove us south. We had heard on the local Grapevine that the previous nights best bags in the official Whitby Club had come from Bemmo tops so we were all full of anticipation and couldnt wait to get onto out marks.

[​IMG]

As we arrived we could see it was going to be a busy night with the car park absolutely chocker with cars and vans. I decided to take some pictures whilst the lads slotted in to any open spaces on the already packed cliff tops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I walked about and spoke to the lads it was clear there was fish there but it was not as frantic as it had been the night before. All were getting bites and when asked where they had caught the fish, everyone made the same reply.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After an hour or so of photography I finally got settled into some fishing and was kindly invited to fish alongside Jacko at Big Railings. Mark explained it had been thick and fast action when he arrived but had gone quiet now. I cast in and within minutes was into a fish. Think I must have been casting half the distance of mark so I clicked one he had missed earlier. It was clear it was a decent fish and anyone who knows Bempton tops knows what that means.

Rod in the rest, Mark helped me by pulling the line through the rings. After what seemed like and age and after getting snagged up a million times on the cliff side a nice plump fish of almost 6lb came to the top. I always remember last time I was up there and Steve Hoyle had told me just to cut me line if i got a half decent fish. I was sort of wishing I had done that as soon as I had hooked it. I was knackered.

We fished on for a few hours, the action was never frantic but the bites were there and by the time to leave I had managed to get 3 codlings and a dogfish on peelers.

I met up with the rest of the guys who had been spread out across the tops. The lads who had done best had fished at the far north end of the sanctuary and 2 of them had fished with squid. Mark again kicked ass with 4 or 5 cod and 2 doggies all caught on straight squid. Shep had managed 4 (probably his best ever bag ?) and again he had fished squid. Mike had took 5 on crab, whilst Dan and Damo had 2 each and Faron had managed to squeeze one out last cast.

We headed back to Whitby for the official weigh in at The Fleece, but as noone actually gave flying £$%^& and most people had filleted there fish we decided just to go home to bed.

[​IMG]

So thats our yearly trip south over and done with. No season would be the same without a night on Bemmo tops. With northerlies forecast and masses of mops around Whitby were hoping for some fish closer to home this Wednesday.

Heres a few more pics from our night down douth. Hope you enjoy them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

Submitted Pictures

Ken Oliver Says your all "Nutters"

[​IMG]

3. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Ha class post Glenn.

4. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Col :)

5. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Another cracking report Glenn, well done on the fish, hope I get a few Saturday night ::)

6. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some great pics and looked a canny evenings fishing. Looking at that last pic, how the hell do you get fish in up there ?! :)

7. Baramundi Bob

Without been funny, you wind them up. Or if the reel wont do it you pull the line through the eyes on the rod by hand.

8. Baramundi Bob

Does anyone know which mark this is ?? Is it Dugout ??

9. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Cracking report and pictures well done lads.

10. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ditto...

...and I still can't get over cliffs... at night...

11. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wow wot a report,them pics r amazing lads,
    Welldone & gr8 angling,looks like a good nite had by all :)

12. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done lads on some good fish and a nice 6pounder. looks like you all av a good time with some top fishing together, wish I was in your gang lol.

13. Baramundi Bob

Its not a gang mate. Its a club. Whitby Club (Unofficial) ;) :D :D

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yes that picture looks like Dugout to me, there is a nice bit of wreck just out of casting straight in front of there, usually a few pots on it. Sat in front of there a bit late summer.

I saw the three light headlamp lead a group on just before I wrapped up for the night but couldn t see faces and you all looked like on a mission.

I hear a few bags came out late on after a slow start for them in the matches last night....I nearly went south of Staple last night, I wish I had across high water ::)

15. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

8)

16. Baramundi Bob

Weve had a chat, and have decided we may be a gang afterall. Think its cos we like kebabs on the minbus

17. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A top class report there Glenn , a lovely cod and some quality pictures

18. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nice one boys. Be up for some fishing again soon, gonna get out of the weekend boozing routine and get some fishing done I reckon. That weekend oot on the tap the other week set the ball rolling. Get a wedding out the way next weekend and then I'm gonna try to get re motivated. Not fished since Skye, just can't be arsed at the moment.

Nice to see they're still coming from just out there.

19. captain hook

captain hook Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its dugout alright i live in that hole keep out ah

20. Baramundi Bob

Seems to be a lot of views on this topic in just a couple of months. The power of the internet 8)