1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Festival fishing yesterday

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by greenways, Jul 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. greenways

greenways New Member

Went out on SEA SPRAY yesterday and had a generally good day.My mate got the days biggest fish(thats my van behind the young lad with the ling in the photos)The morning fishing was generally poor exept for the mackerall which came aboard by the bucketfull.The sea was abit too choppy and the skip said a strong tide was running even though it should not have been.Lost loads of tackle in the morning session aswell but things picked up after lunch and by tea time it was fishing quite well.Then Sean hooked his big ling and we had to go like hell to make the weigh in.Caught about 25lbs of fish personally (cod,ling ,whiting)plus the mackeral.Had no luck with shads,most fish caught on baited pirks or bait fishing on the bottom,this accounted for most of the bigger fish as Baramundi Bob said it would,all in all a good day,will try again in September.
    ps does anyone know if there is ever any space for individuals on the boats out of Whitby,if so who do I contact?

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Most days someone has space for individual anglers. You just pick a skipper and make contact.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/whitby-boat-fishing.php

Often if they are booked they will pass you to someone who isn't. Best time to ring is around 5.30 when they are sat having a pint. Then they just ask each other who has space.

Cheers - Glenn

3. greenways

greenways New Member

Thanks Glen,were you there at the weigh in yesterday? I might have been stood beside you!!!

4. Baramundi Bob

I think you probably were mate. I think I might have offered you £50 by mistake. I know I offered it to one of the guys in that van. I was in a right panic yesterday. I sometimes help with the weigh in but yesterday I was on my own in charge and frightened to death I would get something wrong. Think it all turned out right in the end though. ;) :)

5. olivefish

olivefish New Member

going out on sea otter2 on 26th aug if interested been let down by 6 people

6. greenways

greenways New Member

may well be interested in this,will ask my mate as well,can you let me know how much and times etc? Cheers

7. olivefish

olivefish New Member

paul leaves aprox 0730 price £42 plus bait & end tackle had a top day with him in april very helpfull cheers chris . ps do you live in sheffield ?

8. greenways

greenways New Member

Yes mate just north (High Green) will let you know asap about that date will try my best to make it

9. Baramundi Bob

[​IMG]

Heres a pic of the fish caught in your party that day. Your mate Andy sent it via email ;)