1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Festival - Day 14

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by MOTLLEY22, Jul 15, 2008.

1. MOTLLEY22

MOTLLEY22 New Member

All, just thought I would post a pic from the other day. Me and my brother set off for Whitby on Wednesday night for an early start on Thursday the 10th July. It lashed it down on Wednesday night and the winds got stronger and stronger, thought our trip may be cancelled but not to be. We got pleanty of bait from the tackle shop as Colin Freeman (Saxon Lady Skipper) informed us that there was a lack of Mackerel about at the moment. It was a 7am start and it was not to long before we were into some good fish. I decided to stick with the squid on a flowing trace as I had reeled in a few cod before midday. The weather continued to get worse but we continued the hunt for the monster of the deep. By about 1pm we were wrecking, a few good Ling came on board and cod continued to appear too which was good. The radios were very quiet so we knew that there was a good chance of a getting on the board for Day 14. Colin guided us back towards harbour with a few stops on the way for some ground fishing. I weighed in two fish which got second and third for the day. I got (£50) to cover the trip, fish & Chips and a few pints at Robin Hoods Bay (more than happy). What an awesome day and the freeezer is well stocked up again. Well done to Dave Lowe who was also on Saxon Lady - who scooped £100 for 1st prize on the day. Hope the pic link works.

[​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

This was the day that Saxon Lady got 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Well done to you all and pleased you enjoyed your day at Whitby.

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done mate, bet it felt great to get on the leader board

4. congerball

congerball Blenny

nice one Mart :yes: