1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby East And West Piers Upper Deck To Be Demolished - Its No Joke

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 7, 2011.

1. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Re: First The East And Now The West - Another Pier Lost

Hi Andyman, i know that this is a big problem for you local lads, but i have to say the quote about the magpie has given me a good giggle :laugh: :laugh:

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The incompetence of SBC beggers beliefe how often is the steele work painted to be protected how often is the steele checked who is the engineer in SBC who carrys the can for this, the east peir i now just a joke but this is hooking shocking infact its worse than that this wants sorting and sorting fast.

paul.

3. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Cant believe that you have lost another Pier in Whitby
    The Germans never did as much damage as SBC have done.
    Why dont we get lottery money doing these historic piers up.
    Why dont we see the BBC comeing with Anica Rice or that otherBob the Builder fellow and rebuild a bridge or even two.
    Maybe somebody can blow the new Redcar Helter Skelter Tower up and ship the waste rubble down the coast and strengthen Whitby Harbour before the whole Historic Town ends up in the North Sea.

4. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Spot on :yes: Just how will they stop anglers,or anyone else getting on?

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well if they do the same as they did on the east pier there will be no gate to climb over. They just removed the bridge so that you cant get there.

6. Baramundi Bob

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Its a very sad situation and I agree entirely with Paul , its been a platform that has given many anglers access to some top class angling
    for many years , sadly Whitby is overlooked by Scarborough council , for me it wouldnt be a huge job to make things good again as regards the bridge , but of course the authorities arent interested

8. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Surely the Scarborough council must realise that anglers and tourists flock to Whitby with its piers.
    They have Angling festivals and the Goth festivals with people attracted to these famous landmarks .
    Just seems crazy that they can sit in Scarbrough and watch it all being washed into the Sea without the Townsfolk haveing something to shout about their Sea Side Town.
    Maybe i should come and grab a piece of History before its all washed away.
    Remember some good nights fishing at the fist lifebelts box or i had success casting out wher their was two capstains together.
    Looks like Hendon Promanade will be the best place for me to head this winter if i fancy a chance with the cod and whiting . What a bloody shame.

9. Baramundi Bob

It would appear that Scarborough Councils Agenda is to run the town down. Just look at the state off neglect at the link below. Then think about the hideous metal sheeting they erected on the New Bridge bloccking one of the most beautiful views of the town. Theyre probably erecting diversion signs as we speak so that all people end up in Scarborough.

http://www.real-whitby.co.uk/whitby-town-is-falling-down

10. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Thats disgusting

SBC got no money left they have spent it all on there bonus and dinner parties , SBC don't care about Whitby filey and surrounding villages as long as the road leading into Scarborough looks well for in-coming tourist.

11. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i havent fished scarbrough east peir or marine drive since they put the boulders down
    which is a shame as its where i cut me teeth spent many a nite there freezing as a kid with me dad (before hot foot boots and alike)hope it doesent happen to whitby peir cos i dont know where else i can lose huge cod from on a winters nite :tired: very sad

12. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

SBC yorkshires answer to alquieda :crazy:

13. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Its already happenning mate and i agree with you ,they made a right bol x of marine drive ,used to love fishing out of the back of the car and have had some big fish there over the years,i dont think the anglers will stop fishing whitby west as who will stop them,the people i feel sorry for most is the local tackle dealers who need the tourist trade to make a living and the poor law abiding anglers that dont want to break any rules by climbing over a railing thinking that they are doing something wrong,what is most annoying is knowing that they let it get to this state and then just close it off so everybody loses out,all i can say is scarboro borough, fk you very much!!! :angry:

14. Baramundi Bob

Ill be down with my camera over the weekend. But looking from the cliff top yesterday it looked like they have put one of them big 8-10ft fences up.

15. barry

barry Blenny

Thanks for posting this Glen , we would have been over in Whitby today if i had not seen this . What does the local MP say about it .

16. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

yes they have seen it this morning,

its one of those fences that goes round building sites

17. bucko

bucko New Member

I hate to think what it would have cost your shop in lost spinner/bait/tackle sales had it gone up before the school holidays!

18. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I notice someone mentioned lottery money That may not be a bad idea i know its a long shot being in the north and all. But now its been on the news about the piers you never know you may stand a chance of extracting some brass from them got to be worth a shot if sbc aren't showing any interest in getting it sorted

19. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It really is a shocking disgrace. im furious over this, and its not like I even fish off the piers

I encourage anyone to write to the MP, write to the gazette write a blog whatever in order to flag this up

Too long have we sat on our collective arses and complained over the internet. I for one am going to be writing and requesting an answer from our local council and local MP as to when and if the pier will reopen and also when the damn east pier is going to be reopened......its like our harbour is losing its limbs

20. Joe

Joe Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

So is there noway to get over or round the fence :sad: