1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Club - No Results For Us

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 13, 2010.

1. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

Well done Ben, some commen sense. For years the Whitby Angling Club needed new blood, this has happened over the past few years, however you can never have too much advertising, many anglers view Glenns site, it is a friendly site, where people share ideas and tips, people do not hold their cards close to their chest (most of the time lol). I believe this all goes back a long way, lets put all that to rest, get on and share things like results, pictures etc, people do not want to know which rock you were stood on, but would love to know what baits you were using, that is if you want to share that information. There is a lot of good that could come out of this, first being things like open matches, or in WSAA now, its one and only open match, having advertisement on here of the match would be of great benefit.
    Please do not ruin a good club by being petty, I also very much dissagree with the comments from Treacle, as he pointed out, "His short time with the club", I know how much money the Ship Open made and how much effort went into ensuring the match was a success, being let down by a sponsor is unfortunate, but did you expect the man that organised the event to pay up the money, then the club had made that and a lot more over the years????
    Anyway enough of me ranting about that, for the sake of both parties, why do they not both speak to eachother and come to the logical decision. get on, help eachother!

2. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

ha ha glen thats class youvev got it spot on with the marks bit and i no who you are talking about

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Exactly Ben. If they think they have secrets let them continue to think that. Give me the name of any club member who has been there over 5 years, give me tide state, and a general summary of conditions, and I will tell you exactly where they are fishing. I can even tell you what time they move from 1 rock to another, there is no secret marks.

I know Dennis inside out because I used to follow his every move. I spent 3 years learning where he fished and when. I eventually gave that up when I realised I couldn't fish his marks because he always kicked my butt. He has a bait advantage that I have never been able to figure out. Dennis has no worries about people fishing near him as he will wipe the floor with most anglers.

I still think this is the reason a lot of the lads dont like the site. I would still like to know why we cant have the full results round up like the gazette.

5. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

MMMMMMMmmmmmm I think I would disagree with that awd lad

6. Baramundi Bob

I would guarantee at least 90% success rate. Give it a shot. Give a tide state, month, Give prevailing sea direction, give level of swell (non, light, moderate, heavy, extreme), give anglers name. Ill nail em to a mark, no problem.

7. treacle

treacle New Member

Paul i'm sorry if my comments offended you they were certainly not aimed at you one little bit, and i have now ammended the said comment. The comment was made to show that contary to comments placed on here the club has supported the ship open.
    Glen i cant name any member of the club associated with bullying becaues i have never seen it, so can you tell me either on the forum or in a pm why you think the club is so against the site .
    Sorry i left this a few days before reply but have been away.

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

whitby beach but which part.

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

James no problem mate the club has made money out of the match with the raffle every year except for that one year .

paul.

10. rubbish

rubbish New Member

i think even i can guess them and i have never been in the club :laugh: :laugh:

11. Baramundi Bob

Hi Treacle,

Im surprised you need to ask as I thought I had clarified my reasons above. Im quite happy to state my reasons on the forum although I wont name anyone who has told me they get hassle at the weigh ins for talking about the club on the forum, its up to them if they want to identify themsleves, but I believe what they have told me. The reason I believe the club does not like this site is because :

a) They allow the gazette website to have FULL RESULTS, but not this site.
    b) A Statemnet from the club secratary dated Nov 11th 2010 - "I have taken over secretary's job and have brought up the posting of results on this forum but it seems to be a big no no.."
    c) A Statement from the old club secratary dated 20/11/2008 - "Could you remove anything relating to the club from your site" -"ie results,old homepages,that type of thing" - "the whitby fishing club paragraph on your main homepage,any header using the name whitby sea anglers association,the club info button under the fishing clubs section. whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/aboutus.php whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/results-07-08.php whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/positions-07-08.php whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/anglerstats-06-07.php whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/archives.php" and "and could you remove the positions page all together"
    d).Members of the club tell me they get hassle at weigh ins for talking about the club on this forum

There is 21 emails in full from the old club secratary asking for complete removal of any mention of the fishing club from this site.

Am I being paranoid or does the club have a problem with us ??

12. treacle

treacle New Member

My question is Glen what do you think is the cause of the so called problem?

13. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

One persons pettyness and the name of this site.......................................

All I can do is take my hat off to Glen for giving us such a fantastic website to discuss everything about fishing..........kepp up the good work mate!

14. Baramundi Bob

As the clubs Secretary, you are the spokesperson for the club, and as such your in a far better position than me to disclose the cause of the so called problem.

I really cant continue just to post the same thing over and over Treacle. The club will not allow us to publish full results. Going back as far as 2008, The last club secretary, as detailed above, asked me to remove any mention of the club from this site. Yourself as the new club secretary have said "I have taken over secretary's job and have brought up the posting of results on this forum but it seems to be a big no no.."

Its not a question I'm able to answer I'm afraid. Your the man with the inside knowledge so I think the only person/s in a position to answer your own question is the club itself. If you can give the reasons why this site shouldnt mention the club and why we cant have full results, then I'm all ears as I would love to be able to post the results here and create some interest amongst the forum readers. At the end of the day all were after is to have the results and be able to debate them. Surely that can only be beneficial to your club in the longer term.

15. Barnsley Chop

Barnsley Chop New Member

this makes for hilarious reading. What is going on in this club. they wont allow the site to mention the clubs results and then claim there is no problems between the club and the forum. Comment removed

Please do not resort to name calling.

16. halibut man

halibut man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Glen what about using the freedom of information act?? Ha Ha

17. Baramundi Bob

I can publish news under "Fair Use" copyright. However that doesn't answer the questions Ive asked above.

18. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i cant believe all this pants with you and the website, its total bollockcs, clubs are a membership , surelely a portion of that membership can have a say against the non conformists, surely all these old buggers must realise the younger ones are coming through. its like a club of paul shorts, fish , know , learn by my self, have no mates etc, at leaest the likes of bri still goes with buds mf,

all i can say is boooooolocks to all you nobjoints who dont follow a website like this, and i know you read it, but sit there in your own self importance, this is the best sea fishing computer thing in the world , so have it

19. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Kin ell Lobbers. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It does seem odd/daft that they can't see past the skin on their nose to better and future things. Regardless of what problems they may have with you Glenn or the site (I'm an outsider so have no idea of any past issues if any....Genuinly impartial) then surely for the future of the club and to promote it further common sense (of which I know is not very common at times...) would suggest to allow a few results etc to be published on here.

To say they aren't allowed to be published on here makes the club look petty, spiteful and not exactly welcoming. Certainly not a club I would want to join if that is their views.

The best way forwards for both parties surely would be to put aside any problems, accept it's a new year and go for a new start.

Club details, results and writes up to help spread the word and encourage new blood into the club. Wider publication for the whitby angling club.

More reports on here for whitby sea anglers and a united front for all that is angling in whitby and the surrounding areas instead of this odd pulling apart from the other.

I'm guessing it wouldn't take a signing of the magna carta to sort out, just a quick nod and some humble pie and manners and suddenly both sides would benefit greatly from it.

These are just my opinions as an outsider. If you guys sort it out, I will be applying my fees accordingly. :laugh:

20. Baramundi Bob

For my part, I'm quite happy to have full results on the site for both matches each week. They would have prominent position on site. The offer is there, all they have to do is send them or get one of the lads to post them. Im even willing to bring the camera down the weigh in and take some pics of the fish as they come to the scales.