1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Club - No Results For Us

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Barnsley Chop

Barnsley Chop New Member

This is a very bad advert for Whitby Fishing Club. They sound a right bunch of xxx

2. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

if a club has a committee it should be them what make the decisions. if the committee cant agree it goes to a vote.no individual member should make important or contravershall decisions by them self's.some people on committees throw the towel in if a vote doesn't go there way.its the worst thing you can do ,leaves the others to do what they want.better to stay and be a thorn in the side :kiss:

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I think this is getting a little out of hand here there are some very good lads and anglers in the whitby club not everybody thinks the same way that probably goes in every angling club infact it goes in all walks in life i have been a member for 39 years seen em come seen go this results thing is very petty so say the least but lads do not tar everybody with the same brush if the local rag is printing word for word with the results then there is no reason what so ever the same shouldnt apply here i will question that after todays match infact in didnt no that .
    paul.

paul.

4. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Course you being from Barnsley and knowing all these lads personally, slagging them off is really constructive.
    Comments like this help Killer (Bigcod) no end to sort it.
    Anyway what right has this forum to try and tell another organisation how to conduct its business, I think they are wrong but it's there decision, get used to it and buy the Gazette

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

We have no right to tell them what to do Les, I agree with you there. But what I can do is highlight sheer pettyness where it exists, which is what this topic is about, I certainly wont loose any sleep over it. Those members of the club who are my friends know I mean them no malice, and the rest of them, well what can you say about them.

Hard facts :

(1) The fishing club have forbidden publication of results on this forum (That came to me direct from the secretary).
    (2) Members of the fishing club have been criticised at weigh ins for discussing club results on this forum (3 separate members of this forum have told me that to my face)

If this isnt the truth, then those people can identify me as a liar in this topic. If people reading this topic form an opinion of the fishing club based on publishing of facts, then whose fault is that. Through this site I try to promote angling in this area, but I will also use the site to highlight the bad side of the sport too in a hope that long term we can rid the sport of all the negatives.

6. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

Here here, well said Glenn!

7. Baramundi Bob

8. treacle

treacle New Member

Firstly THESE ARE MY OWN PERSONAL FEELINGS AND NOT THAT OF THE WHITBY CLUB. I'm sick of people's negative comments about the whitby club.The club is a good fair association which promates competitive sea angling in a friendly way. At the end of each weigh in the lads go for a friendly pint and chew the fat this does not happen in all clubs.In my short time at the club i have never heard anyone being bullied or criticised for posting on this site.At the weigh in the main conversation does not evolve round this site but at the minute this site seems to evolve around the running of the club.
    I think the club made an agreement with glen that the first 3 or 4 places could be placed on this site and in return you would link the official clubs web site for some reason this seems to of broken down.
    The comments that i made to glen about the club not wanting to display results on here were made in a P.M and i think common decently should of kept it that way or am i wrong that p.m means personal message (a breach of trust i think?)
    At the start of the season it was decided that the only open match that would count as a club match would be the whitby open, by not including other open matches i.e the ship/cloughton was not a put down on these, and the negative talk about the club not supporting the ship open was very unfair . I think that some lads who have given negative comments about us all being a bunch of xxxxx need to get a grip what does it matter to you? if some of you are so keen to get results find the official whitby sea anglers web site .The club will survive with or with out this site(and vice versa) and the notion that members will be bullied is one of stupidity, to the best of my knowledge the club as never bullied but can that be said of all sea anglers?So the question could be asked does the forum have a problem with the club? because i do not think the club has a problem with the forum.
    So i would like to thank the club for being warm and welcoming to me over the last 3 years and wish both club members and forum members a happy xmas and healthy new year.

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Sounds reasonable enough to me mate, now if all your fellow members are of the same opinion things are looking good for a compromise on both sides and we will all benefit from the continued help and guidance that would offer.

10. deepsea

deepsea New Member

Well said James my sentiments exactly. Anybody that is so bothered about the results should get from behind there computer screens and come down the weigh in and find out for themselves :happy:

11. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

I quite obviously spoke to soon and am beginning to see some of the problems with that high and mighty attitude in the previous reply.

Best wishes to all in this supposed season of goodwill.............................................

13. Baramundi Bob

Hi Treacle, two points you could maybe answer.

Could you clarify the reason why full results can be put onto the gazette website and not on here. If the club has no problem with this website then why does this issue still exist. I cant understand why your happy for them to have full results and us to have partial results ?

Secondly I have been told by members of this site that they are criticised at weigh ins for discussing the club results on this forum. Perhaps you have never witnessed that, but does that mean it never happened. To quote one person in particular "Glenn I'm sorry mate but I cant put anything on the site about the matches anymore, it isnt worth the hassle I get at the weigh ins". Our perceptions are maybe different, but are you saying they have made it up ? Those people know who they are and I doubt they made it up, I hope one day they have the balls to let you know the true score and tell you I ain't no liar. Have they made it up ? why would they ?

As for breaching your privacy, I don't think I did. I simply posted it was the clubs decision to not allow information to be posted here and you as secretary had passed on that information. There was a whole lot more in that message than that, and that information will remain private.

14. Baramundi Bob

And then post them for the rest of us along with a few photos ?? Sounds good to me !!

15. Baramundi Bob

My apologies, I hadn't realised that money was still owed from the Ship Open. Have you spoke to Paul about that. I always thought the Ship open had made an income for the club.

16. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

why dont you put a clubs bit on here glen and all the local clubs can put there results on here i think its daft stopping putting results on here as its interesting to us all, like i said before you cant catch a fish that has already been caught. But i can understand some people who have taken years to work marks out wanting a bit of privacy about what they are catching why where and when because afterall it is a competition and marks can get spoiled by loads of anglers turning up after a mop being caught the week before and posted on here, but if all the clubs posted then everyone would be in the same boat none of the scarborough or redcar or saltburn or filey etc clubs post results on here about there weekly matches and they are all fishing our local marks too so maybe everyone has to put results up and then maybe our local marks wont get targeted so hard if that is wat people are worried of, but in my eyes i dont care about people reading results if your confident you no your marks well enough to be a good competitive angler in a club why should you worry ?

17. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Ben. I dont like to split the forum into separate bits as I think a high turn over of topics keeps the site more interesting. But what I can do is tag the topics about each club and sticky a topic with links to all the clubs topics - eg

Whitby fishing club

St Marys Club

Maybe you could also take some pictures at the weigh in ? Then the more interesting topics you guys post, the more topics are listed for the club and it makes for better reading for everyone rather than continuous negativity.

As for marks. First time its been mentioned Ben :wink: :happy: (but I think the real issues are coming to the debate now), we dont want the marks, just to know if theres any fish catching. On any given night night, I can look at the sea and tide and pinpoint the top 10 club members to their specific marks, and I will be 95% right. But for most people, even knowing the marks wont serve any purpose because they aren't armed with the knowledge or bait to do anything about it.

18. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

exactly glen we all no where the top rods are catching its just knowing when and where to fish and to have the right bait which lads have worked out over the years thats the only conclusion i can see why people dont want them posting its daft really like you say its just nice to see if there is out doing which there definately isnt at the moment

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

James you need to amend the comment about the ship competition owing the whitby sea anglers money that is absolute rubbish in fact its an insult whitby sea anglers has made money ever year out of the ship open except for one match that remark is out of order and needs amending i put a lot of work into this match getting very good raffle prizes and making it a very popular match but like i said it has lost money once but made money every other year i have run this competiton for 15 years and i have never been so insulted there was one year when of the sponsors never paid thus the match losing money .

paul.

20. Baramundi Bob

I can give you a list of marks Ben and most people will know which club members Im talking about. It really doesn't matter who knows where they fish as most people just will never be able to use that information to its fullest potential. I feel we are now much closer to th reason people dont want information on this site.

Angler A

Boulby,
    Sandsend Cliffs,
    Kettleness,
    Runswick Right,
    Hawsker,
    Ravenscar,
    Marine Drive,
    West pier,
    Hayburn Wyke,
    Goldsborough (Little tunnel end and fillet tail).
    Goat Track (Back of pennock nab)
    Sandsend sewer pipe.
    Has been seen outside dougy raines at high water too.
    Occasional Saltwick and RHB (Very occasional)

Angler B

Boulby,
    Hummersea,
    Kettleness,
    Runswick Right,
    West Pier,
    South Batts,
    Highlight,
    Marine Drive.
    Really like whitby beach too

Angler C

Goldsborough (Whole area)
    Runswick left
    Saltwick nab
    Whitby scars
    South Batts (used to fish it a lot but not so much recently. Once won a lot of opens there)
    South hawsker occasionally, but will never admit to it
    Robin hoods bay
    Goat Track
    Pennock nab
    Port Mulgrave
    Not a big fan of the sand but will round up the occasional flounder when things are tough in the new year.

From that information I bet you could name all 3 anglers. There are no secrets, anyone who thinks there is is living on planet gaagaa.