1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Club - No Results For Us

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 13, 2010.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Whitby Club

Link removed. By Glenn

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sorry Paul, but its wrong for the club to expect publicity from this site when they are so negative about it. Did you manage to find out why they have a problem with our site And forums ? Last time I spoke to the secretary he told me he had raised the issue with committee but told point blank that no information comes on this site. So how can they expect a link ? also They lost out on my annual sponsorship of the open. I would just like to know what this site has done thats so wrong ?

3. Baramundi Bob

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cant really understand it glen its really silly, you can put up a link but not the results. But they dont want the results copying and pasteing off their site.

You can put a link up or write your own report , but no copying word for word.

The man writing the results, feels its not worth his time if the reports are copied onto here.

It needs sorting out properly. I am sorry mate i did my best.

A lot the fishing club members use this site. I cant really see what all the fuss is about glen.

Not all fishing club members are negative about this site. Its a cracking site, and the fishing club members who are mumbling about this site are making a big mistake.

Not wanting to be associated with this site can only do the club harm.

I think we are only talking about a very small minority .

paul.

5. Baramundi Bob

Well that isnt the story that the man doing the results told me Paul. He said he had asked the club and the answer was no - end of story, no mention of not wanting the results in 2 separate places.

Other club members have told me face to face that they get a hard time at the weigh in if they have talked about club results on this forum. So lets have some names of the people who are against the site so we know who were dealing with. Name and shame these bullies.

If it was as simple as the club only wanting the results in one place why are they happy for the Whitby Gazette website to have them and not this site ?

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/sport/other-sports/sea_anglers_defy_freezing_weather_1_2867051

Under "Fair use" copyright law Im quite entitled to copy the results if I wanted but Id really like to know exactly what the problem is with this site and its members, this issue has gone on for at least 3 years now, and its rather petty.

If its a minority of the club who are against the site, can the majority speak out and name those individuals who are so against us ? Id really like to know who they are and what their problem is.

Maybe the Secratary who writes the reports would let his own views be known.

6. Baramundi Bob

Who are the minority, can we have some names ?

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

I wonder if it could be anyone who possibly has a grudge against your good self Glen ?
    I would say its either that or the fact they feel there rock marks could be overrun with the floatation brigade ..... :laugh: :laugh:.....or is it grockle ? :cheesy:

8. Baramundi Bob

I would love to know the answer Dav. Like I say, the forums open for them to make a reply.

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

I bet its very frustrating tho .

10. Baramundi Bob

No not really Dav. I like exposing pettyness, and pettyness is exactly what this is. Look at it logically, the answer given to Paul was that they dont want the information in 2 places at once. Yet they allow it to be published on the Whitby gazette website. This knocks that answer flat, so they have lied to Paul who is a lifelong club member, not to forget they already threw the Ship Inn Open out of the clubs event calendar.

Three separate individual members of this site have told me face to face that they have been given a hard time at the weigh ins for discussing club results on the forum. Again - PETTYNESS in the extreme.

The club secretary has told me that he has been directed by the committee not to put any information onto this website. No explanation of the reasoning was given. My conclusion - Pettyness

Its a shame really, but that's the path they choose. They may of course put the record straight through this forum if they feel I've come to the wrong conclusion.

11. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

they are just a bunch of jumped up self important jobsworths , they make a 5yr old seem mature - give your bloody heads a shake

12. Tiddler1958

Tiddler1958 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Surely any information posted on here can only benefit the club. I have been involved in various clubs ie football & pigeons & this day and age you need all the publicity you can get. I'm sure there are some good lads involved with the said club but sounds to me like there are a couple of hitlers at the helm.

13. Baramundi Bob

Theres plenty of good lads in the club, many of them post here. Lawsey, Big Cod, Mikefish, Treacle, Crusty, Smithy amongst others. What I dont understand is why they dont take hold of their fishing club and challenge the minority who for some unknown reason are choosing to be arsey.

The reason of not wanting the results in 2 places does not hold water given that they allow the results to be published on the gazette website but not here. I would love to know the real reason, because the answer they have given is a cop-out.

Its the clubs Christmas match tomorrow. I hope all the lads have a great time, catch plenty of fish and enjoy the aftermatch celebrations. Maybe someone could post the results for us tomorrow evening so we can see how they've got on.

14. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

Crab nut please don't tar all club members with the same brush not every one feels the same , there are some top lads in that club

15. smokey

smokey Rockling

Why won't any of the lads who post on here grow a pair and say their piece?
    If it is only down to a couple of members not wanting the results on here why is no-one challenging them?
    What's the worst they can do? give you grief at the weigh in or ban you from the club? If it's the latter then why would you want to fish in a club with rules like that in the first place?
    If it were filey club i wouldn't hesitate in bringing it up and getting the genuine reasons behind it,after all who gives a s.hite what small minded people think about you anyway?

16. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

you've interpreted my comments wrongly - you're spot on crusty , i realise there are good lads in the the club that don't agree with whats going on , my comments were aimed at the childish few , i think the sensable lads should get together and question their attitude / reason - like i said a 5yr old is more mature

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

when people are in a club like that its called a Dictorship, pol pot, idi amin, stalin , mou tse tung, to name but a few ,( do as i asy or you will be put upon from a great height ) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    you can keep it :yes:

18. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

I fished in the club for a good few years, from a very young junior, all the way through to me moving away from Whitby a few years ago, how glad I am that I do not fish the club anymore!
    For the decent lads that do post on here from the club, please take the advice given above and push this matter further, that is if you wish to.
    As long as I have known the lads in the club, there has always been some funny buggers, for example someone not wanting to pay the £1 full match fee including sweep, just paying 40p!!!! The cost of a Mars Bar!. The last time I looked that person was running the club!!!! and that person has made some debateable decisions ( I will let you guys decide right or wrong). However the people that are making such decisions need the boot, you need some young blood making decisions in that club, taking it forward, not the minority of petty people that they have now.
    The most shocking decision in my opinion is that after every club match, the lads from the club, go back to the Ship Inn to weigh their fish in and to tell their tales from their nights fishing, however 'The Ship Open' based from the same place that they weigh in has been struck off their calendar. Now if this was because there was a vote from every club member, then that is a fair decision, but I am concerned that this was a decision from a small minority of people................................Enlighten me on the above please?????

19. Baramundi Bob

I think your not far wrong Phil, although I was talking to Phil Mead a couple of weeks ago and he said he doesnt fish very much these days and I know he has now stood down as secretary. A couple of years ago it was Phil Mead who objected to Whitby Club information being on this website, even requesting I remove any mention of the club from this site to avoid confusion over which site was the official whitby club site. I still I have about 15 emails from the club about this matter, you have to read them to believe them. At the same time Dave Perret gave me permission to print only the top 4 of the clubs results and write my own report.

Since then Phillip has stood down and they have a new secretary who is site member "Treacle". I was hoping the negativity towards this site would have stopped with the change of personnel. But it would appear not. I still don't understand why full results can be published on the gazette website but not here.

20. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

I am sorry, but there is a bit of dishonesty, or maybe that is not the word, but the site members must know the real reason why some of the club members do not want the results on here, why don't they share that with us?????

I live hundreds of miles away now, and would love to be able to see the results from the matches

You club does not have a long term future unless there is plenty of new blood, this site has taken off incredibly, and surfs a massive audience, the question is WHY NOT put the results up on here????