1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Club - No Results For Us

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Anyone brave enough to give us a brief synopsis of last nights results ? Was there much caught ?

2. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Re: Whitby Club

dennis 18 lb
    bri 9lb
    me 7lb
    crusty 6lb
    odd fish after that glen.

3. Baramundi Bob

Well done Mike. Seems there are still fish to be caught.

4. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

dont no where they are though my good run has officially finished

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Think its a right shame we don't get the updates we used to when you you were involved Glenn with prevailing conditions etc....

6. Baramundi Bob

7. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

I know your trying bud, I read the archived results you used to put up a few weeks back, quality, thing is it gave nothing away, just enough to let you know the conditions, tide size and who brought fish to the scales................Good luck Glenn.............

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Very childish of them Glenn.

9. woody

woody New Member

very interesting when u look back at the totals of the winners ect shows how bad last year was wish i had been fishing the 96,97 season some proper fishing

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Were those years the mop years????

11. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

I was in the Whitby club for many years before I moved away - shame I can't now see how they're doing week by week just with background of sea state and tide - what's wrong with that ? Keep the pressure on Glen :yes:

12. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

I think but am not sure the mop years were about 87/88, maybe :whatever:

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The 87+88 winter was incedible this winter could have been outstanding but the cold and snow plus the mass of sandeels have spooked it i was told this morning one of the local trawlers landed 150 boxes of cod this morning he i on working between one and half mile out to the 3 mile its lifting with fish out there gorging on sandeels.

paul.

14. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Paul, have you seen this before with the sandeels??? Do they tend to hang around or do the disperse???

15. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

I always thought sandeels were mainly here in the summer.

It would be interesting to see what would happen boat fishing using them as bait out there at the moment.

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Sandeels were very plentyfull around these shores but i havent seen in these numbers for over 10years not sure why they are here in the numbers they are but nature does funny things last summer saw the return of the big red jellys in numbers now is it because of the last 2 very cold winters algie this last spring was very heavy the water was very cold last winter i think cold winters giveing cold water dureing spring gives tremendous amount of life in water as the algie forms thus the return of the red jellys last summer its been quite a lot of years since they were seen as in the numbers they were last summer again i think its to with cold water in spring sandeels maybe had a massive hatch rate all over the north sea something is pointing to the last 2 very cold winters the pipefish have dissapeared again i think the harsh winters have seen them off for now same as velvet crabs the green crabs are now back on the scaurs in numbers the velvets made them very hard to find as there numbers increased through the period of the warm winters of the last 10-15 years looks like these cold winters could now be with for a few years but it is a big shock to the system the trawlers have bumper catches of cod as they gorge themselves on them and then fish are to heavily ladened and cant get out of the way of the trawl.

paul.

17. Baramundi Bob

Coming back to the original topic !!

What's the chances of the club members asking for permission to publish the fishing club results onto this forum on a weekly basis ? Would be interesting to get an official response along with any reasoning behind the decision. There's plenty of club lads on the site now, its your club so why not share your results with us ?

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I will ask the question tonight glen the whole is stupid its an anging forum when all comes to all i cant see a problem terribly petty.

paul.

19. Baramundi Bob

Any news ?

20. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Looks like your bumping into a brick wall Glen, :wounded: