1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Charter Skippers - Sea Angling Photographs - Some Quality Snaps About.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Pugwash, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

Mistress Pictures Here
    Sea Otter Pictures Here

Having been in awe of the quality of the cod pictures in the recent postings of up tiding by the charter boys. Can anyone explain why towards the end of the day for the group trophy picture they finish up looking like scabby mackerel? Is it just the time factor or poor storage?

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Uptiding Cod

This is something Ive pushed for really. Ive encouraged Killer and Richie to photograph their fish as soon as they are caught.

After a few hours in a fish box they look like they've been dead a year. As these 2 lads are running a business Ive always encouraged them to promote themselves as much as possible and as well as possible. I pushed them to do away with mobile phone cameras and invest in something capable of decent shots. They spent less than £100 each on cameras but I bet there business has profited far in excess of that tiny amount through them posting decent shots up here. This is why Rich Copes business has taken off whilst other boats with more experienced skippers are tied to the pontoon (get ready for another skipper to start posting soon too, as an old friend of the forum has bought another boat. Watch this space)

People dont seem to realise that badly taken pictures on a mobile look absolutely dreadful. Mobile phone cameras are useless, they just cant house a decent enough sensor to take good snaps. Best pics are always on a half decent camera of fish that have just come out the water.

3. Barnsley Chop

Barnsley Chop New Member

Yes the pictures from Rich Cope And Paul Kilpatrick are excellent. IS it any coincidence that these 2 boats make good use of the forum for advertising, and they are the 2 busiest boats at Whitby ? I often wonder why the other skippers dont do the same. Is it lazyness or ignorance to the effects of modern times technology and the effect of web advertising.

4. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

I think theres been a discussion about other skippers before :secret: :secret: :secret: :secret:

5. Chris Gibson

Chris Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Rich and pual Always give a good fishing report and pictures after they have been out. If they take the time to do the reports and pictures then good luck to them .Thats why their boats are always busy. Like it has been said before The site is FREE and here for Skippers to promote their boats aswell as keeping the fishing lads upto date. Why the other skippers dont do the reports and pictures baffles me....Keep up the good work Rich and Paul excellent reports and pictures.........

6. Baramundi Bob

This is very true. The sad thing is, it would appear, that rather than joining in themselves, a few of the skippers choose to slag off the like of Paul and Rich for their efforts and this forum gets called worse than $hite. Sometimes I wonder what planet they are living on.

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I like to post whats happening it make good reading a few lads over the years have how said to me how much they like to read the reports i take great pleasure seeing the guys and girls with a big smile on there face with a nice fish in there arms i work my socks off every day i go to sea to give the lads a good day and with the camera it just nice to look back .

paul.

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

It certainly is nice to look back over the year paul, you dont realise how many good quality fish are landed each month. I am a stickler for getting the shot to look right, i have always been a firm believer in getting the photo as fresh as possible. the extra effort is well worth it, to see the smiles and get the appreciation from others after reading reports. thanks for all your positive comments lads, Rich

9. Baramundi Bob

10. Baramundi Bob

In answer to the original question. The answer is time. Basically a fish will start to stiffen up in no time at all once dead, they start to look dry and faded. Obviosuly stacking them up in boxes dont help either but you have no other choice.