1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Bass Club Hit The Mull

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 4, 2011.

1. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

As I said before the areas we fish on the Mull Head are Lagvag , the Cave which is a few yards to the right of Lagvag and the Foghorn
    we go down the steps and fish the area DIRECTLY below the Foghorn , its the best Pollack mark on the mull head

2. steph

steph Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good report glen and some fantastic pictures, dont know what made me smile more ,good size bass in the dark or the thunder stick hanging out of its mouth.going to try spraying mine black

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thoroughly enjoyable read and well done to all you guys. Just shows that with determination and a good bit of local knowledge good catches can be had from areas you don't really know too well. Been up there twice now but only had a half hearted attempt from the shore, really do think we should go again and leave the kayaks at home.

The Mull really is a gem isn't it? Really fancy a crack at them bass :happy: Again top fishing lads.

Ken

4. nickid

nickid Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

great pictures mate. not fished there for 20years now

5. snatcher

snatcher Toon Toon black and white army

What a great report lads and excellent pictures as well :yes: It was great to meet up with you lads,enjoyed the craic. Back here in sunny Whitley Bay now for 2 weeks but heading back to our Clash caravan after that for our last stint of the year. It will be 3/4 weeks :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you back over in "Gods Country" next year then :happy:

Snatcher (John)

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Hey up snatcher , has george gone home yet .

7. snatcher

Hi Harry,yep to left for home last week. Think he has a week booked up to Arbroath about now though :happy:

John

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Thanks John , will give him a visit see how he is doing,
    he does'nt seem as boisterous as he used to be ,

think age is catching up with him now .

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Awesome report very well done to all concerned.

10. snatcher

Aye Harry after trips down to Lagvag and Ramseys this summer with him he could hardly walk for a couple of days after. He nearly finished up in the drink at Lagvag !!!! :surprise: I just love hearing the same stories over and over again :wink: George is some guy :yes:

John

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yeah we met George whilst we were there too. Lots of stories told. Looking forward to next years outings. Will come give you a knock snatcher.

12. snatcher

The kettle is always on lads :yes:

John

13. congerball

congerball Blenny

now then John bumped into you infront of my van down Maryport during summer, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. look forward to some of your reports.
    We only managed to get amongst the schoolies this year but giving it another session at the end of the month. Nothing to report really....tried a few methods and several marks. Saw a few people down caliness/round the corner when we were down there, we had schoolies taking crab/worm and jellyworms.

Great report Glenn, fantastic photos.

Tighlines

14. snatcher

Hi Congerball it was good to meet you too :happy: Do post up reports onto the forums for pollack/wrasse/tope but tend not to post up any bass reports :no:- which is probably about 80% of my fishing. Hate to make an unguarded slip and see the place strewn with gill nets the next day :surprise:

We plan to go back over to the caravan 26 Sept and stay for 3/4 weeks. We will be "winterising" it when we leave :cry: On the plus side heading back to Australia Jan 2012 for 3 months to see our daughter. Plan to fish to the max when I can so reports should follow from there :happy: Got 20 species last time I was in oz :wink:

Bring it on

John

15. BassBoy

BassBoy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

great story and pics .Would have loved 2 see pics of the conger :0

16. alan smith

alan smith Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

glad you enjoyed it lads it really is gods country up there great read thoroughly enjoyed it. im going back up end of august hope fishing is still as good.