1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Bass Club - First Yakking session of the year

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dan the pollock, Jun 4, 2014.

1. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

The Whitby Bass Club

After watching the weather all day a quick few calls were made and me, eddie ten cans, fossil ed, and father ed arranges to meet at sandsend around 6pm.

Paddling out the water was very green but was alive with tiny shrimps.

Well the fishing was nothing short of fantastic. With lots of fish every drift through. It didn't matter where we went, there was fish everywhere.

Father Ed kept going one better all the time by getting lots of doublers and treblers on the hokkies.

In 2.5hrs we kept 51 fish put around the same amount back and lost count of how many fish we bumped off.

Think Father Eds putting a short vid together from his new action camera.

Attached Files:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great catch there for the Ladds. Nice to see ALL the ladds together as it should be. Thanks for doing us a write up, thats really appreciated.

3. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

When gutting our fish the last two nights, most of them had stomachs full of Lump sucker eggs.
    Where yours the same.

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

no jim it was like a pick and mix,

edible crabs, butterfish, squat lobsters, sandeels. All sorts mate

5. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done guys, certainly looking good at the moment, I was out just paddling with the club at Flamborough and the water clarity was brilliant, regretted not taking my plugging gear ;)

6. Baramundi Bob

Looking like a rather interesting summer ahead for the yakkers then. I would say I cant wait to get back, but sat looking across the Cullin Mountains whilst listening to REM it would be a lie. At least there is a summer of fishing to look forward to on my return and of course 2 more weeks in Skye with more great friends.

7. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great fishing lads... Lets hope the great fishing continues throughout the summer...

8. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great stuff :) nice to see some kayak cod!

Need to get out myself but the lack of roof rack on my new car is keeping me on dry land :(

9. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Can't upload vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice one boys, nice to see plenty of cod about

11. congerball

congerball Blenny

Cracking haul!

12. Mladds

http://Youtu.be/Q6mPleyupP4

13. Mladds

Sorry but I forgotten my priest so had to compromise ;-)

14. Baramundi Bob

I thought you were a priest ?

15. Mladds

No Glenn no need for them in the church anymore. But I do need one to use on the fish as my kayak will suffer lol

16. Baramundi Bob

Ha, those fish took a few heavy bangs like. I like the vids. What camera is it ?

17. Mladds

18. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Priests and cameras never did go very well together. Well done ladds and nice vids Father

19. buzz

buzz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Finally joined the forum .nice catch I was the guy who you kindly let tag along .I'd just like to say thanks again and I'm glad the photo turned out.hope to see y'all on the water again sometime.

20. Mladds

Was good to see you catch also buzz. Feel free anytime mate, as better to be with someone than alone.