1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Supplies

Discussion in 'Charter Boats & Tackle Shops.' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

[​IMG]

Proud Sponsors of the fishing forum monthly Heaviest Fish Competition.

Whitby Angling Supplies is a great fishing tackle shop located on Haggersgate on the west side of town, next to Arbut’s cafe. Stockists of major brands including Shakespeare, Shimano, Penn, Fladen and Masterline. If its quality fishing tackle you’re after at competitive prices then Whitby Angling Supplies is the place to call. Offers exceptional deals on beach, boat, spinning and freshwater rods and reels. Fishing tackle packages are also available for those on holiday at Whitby and a range of bait including squid, frozen lugworm, lazy baits, mussel, bluies, peeler crab etc. If you’re going fishing at Whitby and you need to buy fishing tackle whilst in town just drop in and say hello or visit our website; www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com

Whitby Angling Supplies 65 Haggersgate, Whitby, YO21 3PP - Tel: 01947 603855
    email: enquiries@whitbyanglingsupplies.com

New Website

[​IMG]

2. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

we all like the shop in brid i personally think its mint :)

3. bassman

bassman Administrator

is Arthur still working in the shop Glenn

4. Baramundi Bob

yeah he's still there :). Not a bad lad is Arthur. Known him years.

5. Acko

Acko Rockling

Arthur Cargill? I used to go out on Rose Marie regularly Always did well with Arthur.
    What time does Whitby Angling Close? Someone told me theyre open late thru Summer Is That Correct?

6. Baramundi Bob

Different Arthur Acko. This ones Arthur Storr. The shop is open from 6ish through to 5pm on Summer days.

Strange you should mention Rose Marie as its the boat I took my first ever fishing trip on when I was about 12. I think it must have been Arthurs partner as a guy called Roger used to take me out. As I remember it it was a fish a drop and I had trouble getting the big fish to the surface and they would sit and laugh at me.

7. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Does whitby's shop still stock Alveys?

Dan

8. bassman

bassman Administrator

give them a ring dan they used to sell them, i know they had some in last year

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

How memories fade and distort with time, if you were 12 and it was your first trip it was probably the "Mary Rose" ;D
    Danny, leave them in the shop mate.

10. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Don't you like them Ray?

Danny

11. Baramundi Bob

Cheeky git ;)

12. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

does whitby shop sell shimano calcuttas ?

13. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

i think spotty dog tackle at Stockton is the best place to get them from.if anyone else does them cheaper just let him know and he'll match their price.

14. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Barmston sells them too

15. chesterrob

chesterrob i may be blind but i can fish !

Called in on sunday morning to get some last minute end tackle and stuff, ended up coming out with a new rod, reel and spool of line for less than £40. I don't know of any other shop where good friendly advice and a healthy knowledge of the fishing can result in you walking out £40 lighter but still in a good mood ;D
    A big thanks to Arthur for his advice

Rob

16. Baramundi Bob

Whitby Angling Supplies now has a new website at :

http://www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com/

17. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

18. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

We had a day out in Whitby on a lovely day in August. I went into Whitby Angling supplies and was very impressed. The owner tried to talk me into buying an Accelerator beachcaster. But i wanted an Abu. Missus and bairns went over the road for the Dracula experience.
    Lovely shop,good prices and owner seems canny bloke.

Mick.