1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Supplies - Tackle shop to close?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Pugwash, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

2. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

Re: Tackle shop to close?

There was a section on Look North tv tonight about how the pier closure has affected the fishing trade in whitby.
    The shop owner said that one week she sold 20 rod n deel sets for fishing the pier and a week after the closure that went down to 0 sets. It has affected the tackle shop alot.
    Paul from sea otter was on there too explaining the effects too.
    Hope it gives the pier closure a lot more publicity.
    (The make up artist could of used more Blusher and combed your hair for ya Paul ) :embarrass: :embarrass: :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

3. JG

JG Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Tackle shop in Haggersgate may close for Jan and Feb for refurbishment and then open with a new look ready for the spring. The Whitby Angling Supplies shop in church st (next to Mr Chips and not be be confused with the immatation / attempt to copy Whitby Angling Supplies further down the road opposite the car park) will be open all winter and is now selling live bait and full sea fishing gear.

4. barrymac

barrymac Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

is JG trying to say there is something wrong with whitby seafishing supplies, its about time there was some competition, it keeps prices competitive, so we all benefit

5. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The only other shop I know of in Whitby is Mal Pitmans opposite the charter boat pontoon and I understand its doing quite well, so I'm guessing its not Mals shop thats closing

6. martin

martin New Member

[​IMG] at 50 yds

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: like it

8. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

can i come and watch not seen a good handbag fight since packing working the pubs & club doors in york

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Forum members should realise that Whitby Angling Supplies (Haggersgate and Church street) is a long term sponsor of this forum and in the early days they also gave prizes for the heaviest fish of the month competitions. The money helps pay for the hosting which allows you all to use this site. They have also sponsored the WCSA Angling Festivals with tackle prizes and cash, without this support you would not be enjoying the great angling festivals that the lads put on each year. The Haggersgate business has been in Whitby since I was a kid. Yes a bit of healthy competition is good but lets not forget the support they have shown us over the years.

10. sandsendfisher

sandsendfisher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good having competing shops but they'd have got more respect if they'd have come up with their own name.

11. eto

eto Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well said that man, it's only a few days ago members were knocking a guy for trying his arm at opening an angling shop - short minds and shorter memories.

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

no one was knocking the guy at all, they were merely pointing out things that need to be considered. No point not being honest with the guy :whatever:

Both are owned by the same company that's why :wink:

13. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:surprise: are they really both owned by the same company ? all i can say is i have had good equal service from each shop ,im not biased good customer service from both

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Whitby angling supplies also sponsor the WCSA and have done so many years .

paul.

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whitby angling supplies on Church Street and haggersgate are owned by the same people. The third shop opposite the fleece car park on Church street is owned by Malcolm pitman

16. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

Why is there a Facebook link on my original posting now, where has that come from? Can someone please explain?

17. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

For as long as I have been fishing there has been 2 tackle shops in whitby owned by different people. Now we have three owned by 2 different people which should give anglers more choice and a healthy business rivalry to offer anglers good deals.
    Whichever way I look at it if you need fishing tackle you have an option to get stuff cheaper :)

18. barrymac

barrymac Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

the fourth tackle shop is BOYES