1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Supplies Heaviest Kayak Caught Fish - APRIL

Discussion in 'Whitby Angling Supplies Heaviest Fish Competition' started by Baramundi Bob, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

• Whitby Angling Supplies - Heaviest Fish Of The Month Competition

[​IMG]

[list type=decimal]
    • Catch A fish
    • Weigh It
    • Photograph It
    • Make A Post into this topic including your photograph, the weight of the fish, and some details of how you caught it. If you have made a post eleswhere on the forum about your catch please link to it from here.

The winner each month will be the captor of the heaviest fish. Each monthly winner will recieve a £20 tackle voucher to spend at Whitby Angling Supplies.

Winners To Date

OCTOBER 2007 - North Bay Otter with a 7 pounds 7 ounce cod caught on 18th October 2007 at Scarborough.

[​IMG]

NOVEMBER 2007 - Paul Kilpatrick -16 pounds, officially weighed at Whitby Angling Supplies.

[​IMG]

DECEMBER 2007 - Glenn Kilpatrick - 8 pounds 10 onces weighed at the cloughton festive sweepstake

[​IMG]

January 2008 - Swordfish -10 pounds 14 ounces cod from Cowbar

[​IMG]

February Mart Wilding - 9 pounds 12 ounces from Robin Hoods Bay

[​IMG]

March - 9 Pounder for cps - shore cod

In April the comp switched from shore fishing to kayak fishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

May 2008 Kayak Cod - 5 Pounder for Lindisfarne

[​IMG]

June 2008 Kayak Cod - 12 Pounder For Sambo

[​IMG]

July 2008 Kayak Tope For Bassy ken - Estimated at 25 pounds

[​IMG]

September 2008 Runswick Kayak Cod For Spawney Bass - 5 pounds 12 ounces

[​IMG]

October 2008 Port Mulgrave Shore Cod 8 Pounds 6 Ounces For Lobbers

[​IMG]
    [/list]

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hey thats excellent Glenn, something to work towards :happy:

3. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

Looks like NewDave is in front with his spawny cod at the moment.

[​IMG]

1lb 4oz I think he said :laugh:

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:surprise: :surprise: The Gauntlet's been laid down now, just need to lose a little weight first :whistle:

5. Baramundi Bob

me too, ill sink my kayak when it arrives

6. mike33

mike33 New Member

Glen not been on the forum for a while and have never posted owt ........but I was av'in a look tonight and saw the post on "prize given to heaviest fish from a Kayak" sounds like a good idea, I went over to Tri Star Angling a few weeks ago and had a look at the Kayaks and after a good hour of weighing up what I could afford and what sort of a deal was on offer I decided on the prowler trident 15 so headed back to Whitby with it strapped on top of the landrover, hopefully going to take her out next week for a few sea trials :happy: sounds like you have yours ordered!! give me a shout if you fancy a trip or anybody else out there fancying a fishing trip up here around Whitby.

7. Baramundi Bob

Hi Mike, nice to hear from you. Due to choice of colour mine is delayed for a few weeks. Hopefully should be here back end of May or early June, that's if I haven't caved in by then and gone for a different colour just to get going. Is your offer of storage still on ? I know you said it wouldn't be long term but I'm struggling at the moment and a local farmer quoted me £300 a year to put it in his barn :surprise: needless to say I wont be taking up that offer. I just need somewhere until I figure something long term. Hopefully catch up with you soon, and remember not to take all those fish from around the corner :wink:

Catch you soon mate - Glenn

8. mike33

mike33 New Member

Glen No problems with the storage mate plenty of room just give us a shout when you get that yak............ which one have you decided on?

9. Baramundi Bob

p13 in olive Mike. Apparently they are very difficult to get hold of in that colour though. Cant wait to get out Mike, especially on those very warm summer nights. We will have to go find that Pollock you and your brother lost off last year :happy:

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hmm halfway through the month already....carnt let Olddave have it with that snotty stunted mop :suspious: .......must get out, must get out, do freshwater fish count Glenn- no I didn't think they did :sad: ......must get out :wink: :tease: :canadian:

11. mike33

mike33 New Member

Toooo right Glen...... big Pollock and whatever else lies down there :wink: yeah went for olive me self picked the trident 15 because of my height 'n' weight bit more stable for my dimensions, I liked the fact you can store rods in the middle hatch especially for coming in if theres a bit of surf!!! roll on summer

12. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hmmm, last weekend of the month boys to win this one, anyone paddling??? I put my money on two of our newer very enthusiastic members puttin in at Runswick this wkend :yes: :kiss: :wink: :happy:

13. newdave

newdave Guest

just loading the car Ken, what you up to today :wink:

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

me and sambo are off out at runswick this weekend so hopefully we'll have something to go in this comp sunday evening :happy:

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Good luck guys, Dave you bu**er, I have a horrid days work ahead of me.... :cry: You have a great day mate :wink:

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I hope you didn't put to much money down Ken :embarrass: I think Mattylamb is a 2-1 shot where as I'm 500-1 so place your bets :wink:

17. robq

robq Rockling

I am out tomorrow to try for a nice early wreck cod :surprise: :surprise:

AND on sunday too for an even nicer skate hopefully !!

The FPO has been very kind this weekend :yes: wonder why :whatever: :whatever:

Better pack the scales and camera just in case !!