1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Supplies Heaviest Fish Of the Month Competition - Feb 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whitby Angling Supplies - Heaviest Shore Caught Fish Of The Month Competition

1. Catch A Fish From The Shore
    2. Weigh It Accurately Please (No Guessing Of Weights)
    3. Photograph It
    4. Make A full report to the forum of no less than 150 words. This should be a separate individual topic about your session and catch. Information must include : A photograph, Bait used, General area fished, and as much other information as possible.
    5. Post a link to your topic/report here. Report must be separate to 50 cod challenge, no link no prize.
    6. All entries to this competition must be in place by midnight on the final day of the month.

The winner will receive £20 worth of tackle from Whitby Angling Supplies

Good luck, please make sure you read the above rules and my decision is final.

Past winners are at the following link :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3055.0

2. Howard

Howard Blenny

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33501.msg271444#msg271444

3. gibby

gibby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Set off from home at about 1.40pm got to Speeton where the church is, walked over the fields and down the track onto the beach for the long trek across Bempton Bottoms.aded for submarine gully arriving there at 3.30pm. The first hour and half was a bit slow, me and my mate, Mick Darling both missed bites, it got around to 5pm when Mick shouted he had a fish which was a cod around 2 and 1/2 lbs, the next hour slowed again but around 6pm I got the bite I felt the line go slack so tightened my line up where I felt the bite, waited for a while and then came another bite, I then struck putting the hook through its lip. I managed to pump the fish through the kelp and I shouted to Mick to grab the fish which turned out to be an 11lb cod, the next 3 chucks I got another 3 out so 4 in 4 casts all in 1 hour, Mick got 15 fish on prawn and mussel tied on, I was using yellow tails when I caught the 11lb cod. Mick got another mop around 9pm using worm, it took 2 hours to get back to the car afterwards. I used an Anyfish Anywhere Big Beach rod with Daiwa Tournament reel 25lb Daiwa sensor main line and 80lb Shock Leader. I got the photos printed off in town, they are attached to this.

Set off from home at about 1.40pm got to Speeton where the church is, walked over the fields and down the track onto the beach for the long trek across bempton bottoms. We headed for submarine gully arriving there at 3.30pm. The first hour and half was a bit slow, me and my mate, Mick Darling both missed bites, it got around to 5pm when Mick shouted he had a fish which was a cod around 2 and 1/2 lbs, the next hour slowed again but around 6pm I got the bite I felt the line go slack so tightened my line up where I felt the bite, waited for a while and then came another bite, I then struck putting the hook through its lip. I managed to pump the fish through the kelp and I shouted to Mick to grab the fish which turned out to be an 11lb cod, the next 3 chucks I got another 3 out so 4 in 4 casts all in 1 hour, Mick got 15 fish on prawn and mussel tied on, I was using yellow tails when I caught the 11lb cod. Mick got another mop around 9pm using worm, it took 2 hours to get back to the car afterwards. I used an Anyfish Anywhere Big Beach rod with Daiwa Tournament reel 25lb Daiwa sensor main line and 80lb Shock Leader. I got the photos printed off at one of the last remaining photo shops in town, they are attached to this.

Attached Files:

4. gibby

gibby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

my lad put on my mate had 15 on mussel and prawn should have been 1 and 1 on worm so he ended up with 2 mops