1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Festival - Total Number Of Wins Per Skipper.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by E.F.C. FOREVER, Apr 6, 2014.

1. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all ive been wondering if anyone has any information on which skippers have the best records when it comes to festival wins.

Ive spoke to a couple of Whitby skippers today and they have said they couldn't put a number on how many times they have won as they have both been at it 30 years.

Obviously some of the newer skippers wont have as long a trophy record as others because they aint been at it as long. So that should be taken into consideration

But have we any festival winners within the forum and if so what year, boat, and size of fish won it for them ???

Jim the float has kept a personal record since he took over with photos which I must admit is very impressive could anyone add to this ??

cod help me !

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: SKIPPERS FESTIVAL WINS

A bit of proper research would uncover it Perry. Gazette records in the Library and a good chat with Dave Perret. It will all be there, just a matter of digging it out.

I would probably start by working out how long they have had 1 festival or 3 festivals per year. Then think about the dates. Throughout the 70's and 80's it was usually a 1 week festival in June or July. Go to Library and read sports section for those 2 months.

Then when they switched to 3 festivals its a matter of finding the dates again and looking in the gazette.

I can start you off with all winning boats back to at least 2006 as its all on this forum. Start at the link below then utilise the search bar at the top of the site :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=73

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

Its good glenn I will pop in first thing in the morning ......before station opens ;-)

cod help me !

4. Baramundi Bob

My Moneys on Killer :) by a big distance.

5. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

I'll go for Dolly.

6. Baramundi Bob

Well theres the 2 main horses covered.

7. Baramundi Bob

John Whitton ?? he sneaks them out. usually a big cod.

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

Wardy is defo in the mix. Plus u got ya stu Johnsons from few years back. Paul drink water that I mentioned before will have a few under his belt.

cod help me !

9. E.F.C. FOREVER

cod help me !
    Thats a surprise glen ;-) he will b up there aswell with 30 years at it ...... I hope the library let me use there facilities tomorrow as I aint a member now and also would be interesting to see what size of fish won It back in the day

10. Baramundi Bob

I would have a chat With Rich Ward too, I think hes had some big fish over the years. I will be interested to find out what you learn. If we can get it all together with some pics and quotes etc it would make a cracking article for the site. Keep up the good work mate I love stuff like this.

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

Will start to ask about and see what I can rustle up.

cod help me !

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

All depends how far you go back i think most of the top skippers have all being up there at some time the early days 30lb + fish for winning the festivals these days 20lb fish are very good ,since i became chairman i got off the ground the spring festival and the late summer festivals plus i got sponsors to make all 3 festivals into cash prizes a lot work was involved but it has worked a treat for a lot of years now and enjoyed by 1000ss of angler over the years lets hope it continues.

paul.

13. E.F.C. FOREVER

Cheers for all your hard work over the years paul evolving from one festivel to three do you remember when three festivels started up ??

14. E.F.C. FOREVER

Ive gone tne easy route I have a couple of friends that work in gazzette office and been on the phone just now and they said its only archived for 2years in whitby but notharllerton its years and years so there contacting them to see what they can send over...... shud get a few pics ect and make a interesting read

15. Baramundi Bob

Great work Perry well done matey.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Got all the summer results from 2002 waiting for the spring and late summer festival results shame we couldnt get who has won the most dailys over the years now that would be interesting there has been some amaizing reults i recall on sea otter in one late summer festival we had 2 x 25lb ling and 29lb ling all on the same day the next day we had 33lb 10oz ling any one of those fish could have won that festival only to be beaton with 38 lb ling some hellish ling came to scales in that festival .

paul.

17. E.F.C. FOREVER

Nice one paul are you going to post em up sometime soon mate ?? 29 33 lb bloody hell would walk most festivals them.
    And daily winners I know 3 boats that would be into big numbers with that.

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I would love to get the daily results as well perry but it seems i cant get hold of them no records seem to be available but the winners shouldnt be a problem i just waiting for somebody to get back to me as soon i get them i will post them up.

paul.

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

• Ok this is all i have upto press our weigh master has kept these records going back to 2002 i will fill all the other results in as and when i reveive them Winning boats from 2002

2003 Spring Festival Winner 2003 Summer Festival Winner 2003 Late Summer Festival Winner

Sea Otter 27lb 10oz LING

2004 Spring Festival Winner 2004 Summer Festival Winner 2004 Late Summer Festival Winner

Wandarin Star 26lb 03 oz LING

2005 Spring Festival Winner 2005 Summer Festival Winner 2005 Late Summer Festival Winner

Never Can Tell A 23LB 10OZ LING

2006 Spring Festival Winner 2006 Summer Festival Winner 2006 Late Summer Festival Winner

Never Can Tell A 22LB COD

2007 Spring Festival Winner 2007 Summer Festival Winner 2007 Late Summer Festival Winner

Shy- Torque 21LB 10OZ LING

2008 Spring Festival Winner 2008 Summer Festival Winner 2008 Late Summer Festival Winner

Shy-Torque III 20LB 04OZ LING

2009 Spring Festival Winner 2009 Summer Festival Winner 2009 Late Summer Festival Winner

Sea - Otter 2 15lb 15oz Cod Sea -Otter 2 21lb 14oz LING

2010 Spring Festival Winner 2010 Summer Festival Winner 2010 Late Summer Festival Winner

Sea - Otter 2 26LB 10OZ LING

2011 Spring Festival Winner 2011 Summer Festival Winner 2011 Late Summer Festival Winner

Shy-Torque 26LB 8OZ LING

2012 Spring Festival Winner 2012 Summer Festival Winner 2012 Late Summer Festival Winner

Trot On 18lb Ling Sea Urchin 22LB 8OZ Cod

2013 Spring Festival Winner 2013 Summer Festival Winner 2013 Late Summer

Trot On 2 10LB 6OZ LING Trot On 2 19lb 6oz Cod Mistress 21lb 11 Oz

20. 105

105 New Member

nice one paul a won six with heather of burnham an a think trot ons had 1 or 2 .don't forget our pete did he win one