1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Festival Spring 2014 -What's Your Outlook For The Spring Festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mick Gibson, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Whitby Angling Festival

http://www.real-whitby.co.uk/whitby-angling-festival

https://www.facebook.com/events/534311076688294/

Whitby Angling Festival Tags

Well lads n lasses it's almost upon us again and just sorting my bits out for the Spring Festival. I note there does not appear to be many posts about the charter boats these days. Was wondering what your thoughts are for the coming Spring Festival.

What will the winner be ?

Which Charter Boat will scoop the first prize ?

What species will be caught ?

How many days lost due to weather ?

What's the water like ?

Looking forward to returning to Whitby and wish the best of luck to all those who will be participating.

PS looking forward to seeing some early reports on the catches and hope Jim The Float is to hand again.

2. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: What's Your Outlook For The Spring Festival

Yes I will be doing the weigh-in.
    And will post the results and photo's, every evening at about 07.00 pm. On the forum.

Spring 2013 winner
    Anthony Noble-Whitby 10lb-06 1/2oz-Ling-Trot On 11

[​IMG]

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.real-whitby.co.uk/whitby-angling-festival

Its always been difficult to engage the individual charter skippers on site over the years. There are numerous reasons for this, some don't have computers, some don't like advertising on line. Its often caused quite a bit of conflict as well. I also understand they are about to ditch their website due to lack of interest from skippers and some conflict over some skippers using it a lot more than others. I think they are just going to have a landing page with all the boats numbers on.

Charter boats UK seems to be a decent website if you do want to hear a little more from the guys.

http://www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/port/whitby/

4. Baramundi Bob

Cheers once again for doing that Jim, I'm sure the readers will really appreciate your updates.

5. Baramundi Bob

Just to wet your appetite, here's last summers winner.

[​IMG]

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=30902.0

6. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Crnt wait @!!!!!!! Holidays are booked in for summer festival

cod help me !

7. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

that's some ugly looking cod though innit :)

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

It was m8 I gaffed it still worth 5.550 quid thou big horrid looking slinky thou

cod help me !

9. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what happened to it?? or don't I want to know :p

10. E.F.C. FOREVER

Apparently lad ate it ....... I know where it would be if I had owt 2 do with It filling a few pots.

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Those questions are very difficult to anser and you are going to need a crystall ball to anser them just hope one thing and that is good water clarity if you have that the fishing will be good and everybody is in with a fighting chance so keep your fingers crossed as long as we dont get a howling northerly between now and the festival things should be good and if its anything to go by the wrecking we had last week on the small tides the lads had belter of a day so fingers crossed mick if your names on it its yours.

paul.

12. Mick Gibson

Lets just hope those howling Northerlies stay away........hope we don't get too many cancellations due to weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. bbhlfc

bbhlfc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i reckon sea urchin will win the festival.
    28th june is the winning date.
    a nice 32lb ling.

welll i had to get the ball rolling.... :p :p :p good luck lads and lasses.

14. E.F.C. FOREVER

Trot on 2 has got summer festival wrspped up 29lb cod caught by yours truly on 24th july ;-)

cod help me !

15. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

That will be a little late to win the Spring Festival matey !

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

One like this in the summer festival is there and waiting this won mike myers £5000 a couple of years ago on sea-otter 2

[​IMG]

Or this brute of 26lb for mick he won £5000 on sea-otter 2

[​IMG]

paul.

17. Baramundi Bob

18. E.F.C. FOREVER

I aint fussed about springone buddy. Its summer one with 5000 up for hrabd I want ;-) if I equal last years winner [​IMG]
    Would be very nice for me slinky or no slink
    Does anyone know who has the best record as a skipper in festival would be interesting yo find out
    cod help me !

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Intersting one that perry depends how far you go back because it used to be many years ago all the festivals were won the fish not under 30lb and that was cod and ling 20lb fish you cut them up for bait i will try and get some info i know one late summer festival about 10 years ago on sea otter 1 we had 2 x 25lb ling 1 x 29lb ling and 33lb 10 oz ling all in the same week rich on shy torque got a 38lb lb ling normally any them 4 would have been more or less good enough but thats fishing i will try and get all the imfo for the last 10 years.

paul.

20. Mick Gibson

Hellfire, would love to see some of those pictures posted ...... 38lb ling that would be good to see, are all the fish on a diet these days :). Would be interesting to see the figures for the past ten years