1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Festival Sponsors

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Paul has asked me to put some information on the wcsa site about The Fleece Public house sponsoring this summers angling festival.

Im wonder if you skippers at wcsa can help me out. I would also like to give credit to everyone who sponsors the festivals throughout the season.

Could you please give a full list of all festival (spring, summer and autumn) sponsors for 2013 so that everyone gets a mention.

http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/angling-festival/

2. Baramundi Bob

come on guys, at least 1 of you must know who sponsors your festival ?

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Glen Whitby angling supplies and the fleece plus the endeavour pub and the Whitby LVA the SInging kettle all these are sponsors of the summer featival

4. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Paul, have you missed any ? Also what about the spring and autumn festivals who sponsors them ? Might as well get them all on one page. You dont want anyone feeling left out.

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Ok mr chips late summer festival spring the station pub and mc electrical ltd Whitby.
    Another one for summer wild nobles building supplies.

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Mr chips will sponsoring the late summer festival two new sponsors the ship in is the new major summer festival sponsor next year and the famous magpie cafe will be coming onboard great for news for next year .

Paul Kilpatrick (chairman WCSA )

7. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

When I was in Whitby last I was told that The Fleece had pulled out of sponsoring the Summer Festival at the last minute. Is this true, seems a bit odd ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

No not exactly true but due to very unfortunate circumstances things did not work out with the fleece sponsorship the WCSA ended up standing the the fleeces £2000 sponsorship.

Paul

9. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Apologies Paul, you know how things can get slightly twisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Baramundi Bob

Paul, Obviously non of my business, but would it be wise to ask your sponsors what they expect in return for their cash, eg if they require you to use their premises for events or if they want you to take anglers there after each days fishing.

Then if you know what they are expecting there would be no confusion at a later date. Not many sponsors would just hand over cash in return for nothing, most will want a return on their money.

Also maybe a good idea to get any cash up front. Or get a contract between all parties.

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Glen i have been organizing sponsorship for the WCSA for many years now and very sucessfully without very much of an hickup but as you say there is allways one that might fall foul The George hotel refused to pay there £500 after a diiferent manager took over after telling our secretary on many occasions the cheque was there ready to pick up extremly naughty indeed after the pledge was made many thousands of pounds worth of buisness was passed there way from all the skippers with B+B etc with people staying at the George hotel this had got to be one best home goals from buisness point of view i have ever known one party of lads say 10 or 12 lads staying there could spend anything between £500-£1000 with there B+B food and drink etc the idiot of a new manager said anglers didnt spend much money there how very wrong he was many many thousands of lost buisness then not passed there way.

As an for any sponsor glen as an Association we allways do our very best for all our sponsors without going into detail the fleece also gets many thousands of pounds off skippers and anglers ALL YEAR ROUND a sustantial amount of money gets spent there over the year what you dont expect after the event is stipulations being laid down what we have to do and dont do and complaining about about anglers being seen drinking in J D Weatherspoons etc the only confusion with the fleece was theres enough said on the matter .

paul.

12. Baramundi Bob

Thats why I said best to get the agreement up front, then they cant turn round and give you stipulations after the event. I know you have a lot of experience in organising events which have normally run smoothly but I think what happened this year could have been avoided by better communication from certain parties. If they had told you what they required for their cash before hand you would have been in a position to agree to their terms, or to turn down the money and look elsewhere.

Any business sponsoring an event is bound to be wanting something in return. If you know what that is beforehand then your all working in the same direction and there shouldnt be any fallings out.

If both parties know whats expected of each other then there is never going to be a problem.

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Glen you have got it completly wrong on this one regarding the fleece what was agreed before hand was as it was like i said after the event people start making things up myself and our treasurer rich ward was there when the sponsorship was agreed there wasnt a problem somebody suddenly created one three days before our presentation night and before payment had been made with threats not to pay if we didnt change our presentation venue which very very naughty indeed and the attitude was deplorable as i have said enough said on the matter it is now closed .

paul.

paul.

14. Baramundi Bob

I think your misunderstanding me Paul. What Im saying is if there was an agreement beforehand made by both parties then no problem.

If they clearly said beforehand that we dont want anything in return, and then afterwards asked for something in return then they are out of order.

But if no conversation about expectations of each other took place then all parties are to blaim. A lesson for the future, ask all sponsors exactly what they want in return then they cant turn round afterwards and ask for more or something different.

I arent blaiming wcsa, simply saying theres a lesson to be learnt so that noone does it to you again in the future. personally I would go as far as having some form of written agreement then you have a legally binding document.

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Glen there wasnt a problem before hand we sat down when the sponsorship was agreed what was agreed was followed through till as i said previous somebody decided to move the goal posts.

paul.

16. Baramundi Bob

Then they are in the wrong, If you both agree on something beforehand they cant change their minds afterwards, end of debate. I would have insisted on the cash.