1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Festival - Predictions For The Summer Festival 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mick Gibson, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well Paul has said that the weather is not looking too good for the next ten days, lets just hope on this occasion they have it wrong.

So with the festival just around the corner what are your folks predictions I know we will all want to catch that big one but looking at the catches for last summer which charter is going to win, which one will have most daily wins. What species will be the biggest .

Just thought we would have a bit of banter after being given the depressing weather forecast.

Last Summers Results Per Boat

Mistress - 7
    Sea Otter 2 - 4
    Trot On 2 - 4
    Jean K - 3
    Avante - 2
    Sea Urchin - 1
    Charisma - 1
    Shytorque - 0

Daily Prizes Per Boat

Mistress - 18 daily prizes 1st 2nd or 3rd
    Sea-otter 2 - 17
    Shy Torque - 9
    Trot On 2 - 7
    Jean k - 5
    Avante - 3
    Charisma -2
    Sea Urchin -1

Cheers

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Re: Festival Predictions

Based on recent reports and quality over quantity I would edge my bets on mistress winning this years summer festival.

3. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The way the Weather is looking after these northerlys Mick it may not take much winning but last years winner came Late on so you never know but either Killer or Rich in my opinion will be No 1 but I dare say young ish Perry and Dolly on Trot On may do the damage as they been doing really well recently but the best of luck to all

4. bucko

bucko New Member

The smart money would go on #TeamMistress , the fishing oracle that is Killer or Dolly and the miles/graft he puts in.

But, you can never rule out the others and as he's smashing owld bloke with a penchant for big 20lb+ ling I would especially love to see Jim on Charisma shock the local angling scene with a 30lb fish from his beloved *** Reef.

5. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's why I look forward to this festival so much as you just never know??? Halibut dare i say??? Someone has to mention them don't they :)

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Jon Whittons always worth a punt.

7. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Got a day booked with Mick on Avante and 2 days with Dolly So hopefully it will be me on one of those with a MONSTER cod (£500 extra for the biggest cod) ;D ;D ;D
    However nobody has mentioned Mr Ward as yet and he is a cracking skipper even if he does get a bit too close to sharks mouths.....
    Only teasing Rich ;) ;)
    Whoever the winning skipper is lets hope for good weather when they can ALL get out every day with Full boats and have a successful festival

Carl

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes carl. wardys record as a skipper is second to none another one of the elite in Whitby.its anyones game you will always have ya favourites. Wardy, killer,dolly ect but as was mentioned u goe copey won autumn and spring. Dolly 2 before that mick snaffled the uptiding festival jon Whitton come up with big fish. Also pete rose had had a few 2olb +ling this year...... I due back so im going 2 miss quite a bit of it :-(

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Don't worry it will go right Down to the wire this year after this crap weather the offshore is looking favourable but this comp is usually won from one of the inshore wrecks we will be targeting halibuts in the comp so fingers crossed . 8)

10. Mick Gibson

From memory I recall reading somewhere that halibut has to be over 22lb or something like that to be landed as a keeper. Is this true, was just thinking last years winner was a cod just over 19lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

Im going to have the final week of festival thats it..... hopefully.

12. bucko

bucko New Member

Pah- we have a hand picked crack team on Mistress this Saturday.
    Been planning the finer details for months- rigs, token 'goldenballs' lucky angler, corned beef pie & banana loaf to keep energy up after heaving up those doubles , celebratory lap of the harbour.....heres hoping for a miraculous change in the weather.

13. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Let's hope for good conditions, no accidents, and plenty of good quality sport.
    And please keep your leads in your tackle box, and not in the fishes guts.
    And no putting hose pipes into the fish and pumping water into them.
    I will be checking.

14. E.F.C. FOREVER

Jim is that a trick used before ive heard of the lead weight scenario but never the water one..... not very sporting that im afraid is it

15. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That is one of the reasons we weigh the fish by the tail.
    Anything forced into the gut cavity will fall or drain out.

16. E.F.C. FOREVER

Shocking really ...... rather lose than cheat but takes allsorts

17. Mick Gibson

Has anybody ever been caught cheating or attempting to cheat in any of the festivals or up tiding competitions ? I wouldn't expect any names but would be interested to hear if there has ever been such attempts.

18. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Not sure you will get a reply to that one!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EqCfEP3KaMI

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The weigh master allways do a very thorough and proffesional job the talk of any cheating gives negative vibres and if anybody Tryed anything so silly it would be stamped on the WCSA take great pride in running one if not the best angling festival in the uk with some fantastic cash and tackle prizes on offer fingers crossed for a great festival for everybody somebody is going to be a very happy angler being £5000 richer.

Paul

20. E.F.C. FOREVER

Well said paul