1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Festival 2008

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Anyone got any info on how today went?. Any crocodiles hauled out of the briny?. Hopefully the swell was better than yesterday.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Day 18 Results

Dave Thompson - Whitby - Cod 14 03 - Two Dogs
    Steve Underwood - Maltby - 13 08 Ling - Trot On
    Barny Sixsmith jnr - Whitby 10 11 Ling - Shytorque

Barny also had a 10 pound cod and moves into 2nd and 3rd place in the Junior competition. Whitby Junior Lewis Wright still leads the way in the junior section with his 16 pound ling caught early in the festival.

3. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

we were on two dogs yesterday(potash lot) and dave did well with this14 lb er
    another angler might have been in the prizes only for it to get off have way up(not that old chestnut i can hear you say ,but the rod was under some strain )
    the fishing was good till the tide and wind got to grips with us then it all went quiet
    shads of all colurs fished well 1st but then bait was best when on slack water .
    we struggled to find macky only landed a few and squid never really took off ,if we did plough into the macky i think we would of had a lot more fish but thats fishing i guess ,
    just a quick word to say thanks to the organisers we had 2 days of good fishing on TWO DOGS with John Wilford and thanks John for showing us plenty of wrecks
    cheers gibbo and posse
    good luck for last few days lads and lasses ,tight lines
    ps glenn took a pic of tommo with cod so when he has time might put it up for us thanks

4. Baramundi Bob

Tommo's Cod

[​IMG]

Somewhere under there is Barny Sixsmith who has figured well in the junior section for the past 4 years. Well done Barny.

[​IMG]

More double figure cod for Richard Mower from Rotherham. Richard forms part of the sponsorship team at Stage Coach supertram, and they have been fishing all week with Paul on Sea Otter having hired the full boat for themselves. Richard and Glenn have been really good to all involved in the festival and have offered a free days fishing to the weigh masters. Past winner Dave Perret fished yesterday and I have been invited to fish tomorrow on the last day of the festival.

[​IMG]

5. Baramundi Bob

Day 19 Results

Eddie Armatage - Huddersfield - Ling 10 14 - Sea Spray
    Richard Mower - Rotherham - Cod 9 15.5 - Sea Otter 2
    Richard Mower - Rotherham - Cod 8 13.5 - Sea Otter 2

6. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Anyone know the final 2 days weigh ins? Did the 20lb cod scoop the biggun or has someone else pipped it at the final post?

7. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

from what i saw tonight nothing beat the cod but could be wrong

8. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

one hell ov a festival ,well done to all sponsors ,skippers,organisers,helpers ,photographers,anglers and to people ive forgot,
    its proud to be a part ov it.
    TOP DOGS FOR SEA ANGLING WHO COULD BEAT THIS ?

9. Patterdale

Patterdale New Member

Great Festival and great reports fella's.

I enjoyed my two days out on Trot on and look forward to the Autumn Festival.

Well done to the winner.

10. Baramundi Bob

11. Baramundi Bob

12. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Good bump glenn, Love reading these old topics.

Looks like it was a good year for cod, loads over 10lb showing

13. Baramundi Bob

14. Baramundi Bob

15. Baramundi Bob