1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitby Angling Festival 2008

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The festival got underway today. Most boats were full of eager anglers when I went down this morning and there was a good bit of craic and banter going on down there. After a quick photo of all the skippers for the local rag the boats set sail at 7.30. By 8.15 Killer was on the phone saying they had cod to 8 pounds and a ling over 10 from the mile and a half wreck. Lets hope there's bigger to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Hope the weather stays fine throughout the festival - the guy on the last pic looks like he's about to start a 12 hour shift down the mine rather than a days fishing :whatever:

4. robq

robq Rockling

looks like he buys his headwear in the same shop as you Iain :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. Rapin

Rapin New Member

Many thanks for the photos Glenn. Please keep us update on the results.

6. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Ha ha another fashion pioneer Rob :laugh:

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

You must have been quick to leg it down the pier Bob,great shots like,keep em coming... tight lines

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

he's just after all the spotty dog vouchers smoke :whistle:

9. Howard

Howard Blenny

Real pleasure to see the photos Bob. Thanks for the coverage.

10. Baramundi Bob

Results - Day 1

1st Andy Edwards - Whitby - Ling 14 04 Trot On
    2nd Pete Makintosh - Sunderland Cod 13 05 Shy Torque
    3rd Andy Edwards - Whitby 11-13 Ling - Trot On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a daily winner Andy Wins £50 cash, and will also receive a Shakespeare Uglystick boat rod plus a Penn 330 lever drag reel. All anglers will receive their prizes at the presentation night. Andy also leads the way in the overall festival which has a £5000 jackpot for the heaviest single fish.

11. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

hey glenn super shots of all the boats,
    we had a good day on two dogs plenty of cod up to 10 lb mark (just over 3 boxes )hardly any ling
    i personally had one around 10 lb but john phoned the other skippers to see what was in toe for a prize (just missed out maybe)
    went home to dress my fish after filleting them on the boat steaming back a bit choppy
    had around 25 lb in total only two ling to fillet
    all in all a good day
    well done to the top daily anglers tight lines to you all in the next 2.6 weeks

12. woody

woody New Member

andy the jammy bugger ! bet the biggest will double that lol love killers poto at the top he aint very photogenic is he lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. Baramundi Bob

Hi Gibbo,

If you have fish around that size mate you should just fetch them up to be weighed. Its only myself and Dave Perret on the scales and we dont bite and we dont mind weighing peoples fish for them. I think we only weighed about 5 fish yesterday but it was clear from what people were walking past with there was a lot of cod in the 8-10 pound bracket that people thought wouldn't be good enough for a prize. :hungry:.

There was a fish on sea otter yesterday that might have got into the top 3, but because of radio talk of bigger fish the lad never weighed it. When I saw the gutted fish I think it would easy have been big enough for a placing.

14. John E

John E UKs Number One Blanker

Ace photos, just luv them, I now can't wait to get up there next Saturday. :baby:

15. Baramundi Bob

[​IMG]

Festival Sponsor Glenn Stocks with a nice fish off Sea Otter 2 this morning. Im not sur how big it is as Glenn has sent the picture from his phone and when Ive tried to contact Killer on his phone he is out of range.

Looks a good fish though.

16. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

looks a beauty that one ,looking out of window this morning thought they would struggle to fish but well done that man

17. Baramundi Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3KAWB3GFk8

18. Baramundi Bob

Day 2 Results

John Wilcock - Whitby - Cod 14 05 - Shy Torque
    Fred Mallendar - Chesterfield - Cod 13 05 - Shytorque
    Greg Webster - Doncaster - Ling 13 03 - Sea Spray

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Baramundi Bob

Day 2 winner John Wilcock with his 14 pound cod

[​IMG]

John who is a Whitby angling Festival regular also had 3 other fish over 10 pounds today.

[​IMG]

20. rubbish

rubbish New Member

them whitby lads seem to be doing very well bob have you been dishing out tips :suspious: :laugh: