1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whinge whilst Walking the Dog

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by gwyn, Nov 27, 2008.

1. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

Just lately i have been walking my dog on the north beach of Scarborough and around the sea life centre and the bulge where I have become very disheartened with all the angling rubbish left about, I have picked up discarded line, hooks, bait rappers and mussel pots. This area is frequented by bird watchers, cyclists, runners and other dog walkers it would not take much for them to complain to the council who could stop us from fishing there.
    This is an area I and many others like to fish when there is a good northerly storm blowing as you can get out of the wind so come on who ever it is creating this mess take your rubbish home or put it in a bin

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well said Gwyn :yes:, totally agree after all it doesnt take much to bag your rubbish!!!

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

i simply put my rubbish in a plastic bag and tie it to my bag or box so that its easy to get to while fishing and then simply put it in a bin on the way home or the bin at home..

it does not take much

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

Any Anglers seen dropping litter should be named and shamed.. :yes: :yes:

Take only memories, leave only footprints.... :happy: :happy:

5. Acko

Acko Rockling

I dont mind a piece of paper blowing away now and then But I never let plastic bags go into the sea
    Apparently Big Turtles mistake Plastic bags for their favourite Food (Jellyfish) and it kills them.
    Please dont discard Plastic bags
    Thanks lads.

6. Tight lines

Tight lines New Member

Unfortunately you'll always get the minority who find it too hard or too much of a challenge to pick it up.
    My biggest bug bare is when i go onto the scar/beach and see people pick up the leads at the end of a lost line and leave the line!

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one gary, are you becoming a bit of a poet

8. wildcard

wildcard Guest

Agree 100% - but it's all been said before.

wildcard

9. mike_

mike_ New Member

well said - but i would also urge the dog walkers to dispose of the dog sh!t@ in a sensible manner also, not aimed at you gwyn but there is a lot about :suspious:

mike

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

It won't be responsible club anglers Gwyn,it will be the tellytubby flotation suit brigade,the Brigg was in the same state this summer when the mackeral were in. tight lines

11. robq

robq Rockling

Not necessarily Smokey :no:

I have seen bemmo tops in a right state straight after a brid night club match :sad: :sad:

Although I would agree with what you say generally, you only have to look at paull carpark to see that !!

12. smokey

smokey Rockling

I've seen it up Bemmo myself Rob,but would be shocked if it were club anglers,if you know who they are name and shame them.It was like that up the top end of there right through the summer when irresposible idiots were fishing it even though it was the closed season.Looking at the letter which accompanied the code of conduct sent to our club,i would not be one bit surprised if it were totally banned up there in the very near future.Just out of interest,if you ever see anyone littering the clifftops during a Filey Festival match,don't be scared to report them,if proved it would result in instant disqualification... tight lines

13. dbrown

dbrown Guest

It's like that on some marks in flamborough, five arches, tennis courts, braile. Seems to be the common marks that inlands with floatys on fish i think.