1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Waterproof Fishing Smock

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Aug 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

ive got and still use two titans,one is over 20 years old which i now use in the summer as its a bit small,(put a bit of timber on in the last few years) the other is about 10 years old and still ok,leaks a bit round the shoulders when its pissing it down.
    although they are definatly not as good as they used to be, the design is still the best out there in my opinion.
    i wouldnt buy one without a proper hood or pockets

2. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Yep i would also go for titan 100% i also have one about 10 years old and the only time it leaks is when its a day like today heavy rain.
    I recently bought a second hand titan off ebay for £30 its also the one without a zip it was only worn 4 times before i bought it BARGAIN 8)

3. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Titan for me as well, I have had mine from new 2 years ago, really like the hood design and it is waterproof so far, and I have been out in some real stair rod downpours in it.

Roger

4. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

titan retro smock ,heard lots of negative stuff about it but mines been spot on..another is the new bass boots smocks only just out ,can be seen on there website ,im told there waders ect are spot on so might be good,.

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I used one of the below smocks last year and this year ..........very very waterproof...no leaks, warm and plenty of room in the arms for casting. The below i put on when I first bought it. After a season and a half of use the only negatives are that I find myself singing " We are the mods we are the mods" when I wear it and also it is at times too warm ! But no leaks.....good zips and a good hood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Despite having some proper soakings not a drop has got through the smock and the soft touch material has remained so.....it does have a very unique scent of mussel and crab now though....lol ;D

6. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I currently use a berghaus gortex jacket usually but carry a vass 350 team jacket and put it on over the top when raining heavy. Works spot on for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk