1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which rod to buy

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by NorthWestern, Feb 22, 2013.

1. NorthWestern

NorthWestern Blenny

hi all,
    im in the market for one of the long fixed spool casting rods, i have know idea which are best, and which ones to stay away from, any help would be great. :yes:.

thanks

jason

2. stiffmeister2

stiffmeister2 Hooked On Bass

You can cast far enough fella and don't forget that you like fishing rougher that rough ground. Try the kompressor ss

3. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

a lot of the lads in the whitby club use the penn affinity rod and they seem to have no problems at all , also if you want a long rod that will handle the roughest ground and all your cliff needs have a look at the zziplex thats for sale on the classifieds looks a beast of a rod

4. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

got the sixteen foot k1 extreme and cant fault it ,rated for 200 gms but most i chuck with it is 175gms and its spot on.

frank

5. andym

andym Rockling

Alright Jase Davo has a greys triplex he often fishes Marske beach and I'm sure he will let you have a test of his next time he's down there