1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Willy Eckerslike

Willy Eckerslike Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looking at joining the Kayak Fishing community, lived in and fished out of whitby for all of my life so have plenty of sea time but no knowledge of Kayaks. Looking for your opinions on the two Kayaks listed below and any other useful info.

Pete

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261534162894?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1030wt_1401

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181463594806?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_510wt_1143

2. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Both top quality fishing platforms in their own rights, I can not speak on behalf of the tarpon but i owned a trident prowler 15 and it was a really good kayak with plenty of space and stable. I just had a problem with keeping it tracking in a straight line when the conditions became a bit snotty(would of been combated with a rudder fitted) so changed it for a scupper pro. I find the scupper pro a lot easier to paddle and control but sacrificed space for faster, Its each to their own and could only advise you to have a paddle of some kayaks before you spend your money.I know a lad that had 3 different kayaks in 6months because they never suited him..your more than welcome to have a paddle of mine if you like.

jase

3. Willy Eckerslike

Willy Eckerslike Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks Jase thats much appreciated, unfortunately in a fit of fiscal madness I've put a bid in on one of them and I appear to be winning.

4. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

beware of the sniper bidder lol.........no worries

5. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi I have the wilderness tarpon 120 and love it. It handles well, and I used it in the runswick match which was challenging for any yak on that day and it handled great.