1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Kayak For Fishing ??? OCEAN PROWLER 13

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Nov 12, 2007.

1. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Im a big fat brit
    does the p13 stand for prowler13 ??

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

Would look at a P15 or an Elite tho mate - especially in our water :happy:

Yes it does mate, were you based?

3. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

you have a pm

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

When you looking at purchasing one Shark?

Be good to get you to try a few of our kayaks out. . . .

5. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

When the work picks-up im afriad :sad: im just getting ideas for prices, thanks

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

You might not get your ar$e in a scupper pro then.

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Do you know Glenn, and I told a couple of the other lads this the other day..........While out fishing at south landing earlier in the week I thought to myself 'why oh why do I want a Dorado' - yes ok, they are quick, well made and look great BUT my Prowler Elite 4.5 has everything I need, its comfortable, I can sit side saddle - just like sitting on a park bench, my tackle is at hand to the left my rod pod to the right, its a fairly dry ride, its tough - you can chuck it about and drag it across scarrs and rocks, its comfortable, plenty of storage for everything including the trolley, its quick enough and handles a big sea fine. I know it inside out, the rudder works great and with the sail you can really crank it over in a good wind.

So why do I still want a Dorado? :crazy:

9. Davo

Davo Rockling

Because your'e slowly becoming a kayak tart Ken, like we all will, one day :wink:

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

To be honest mate I may save my money and get myself a dedicated enclosed cockpit sea kayak instead, I really enjoy my paddling too and thinking of a couple of long winded trips this summer inc the Eddystone again, maybe one of the Kazikazi Skuas.

As an all round fishing kayak I think the Prowlers take some beating. :happy:

Ken

11. Davo

Davo Rockling

Aye, Ken, i've always admired the original sea kayaks, but i didnt know you can get an enclosed cockpit. :gum: Looks like i'll have to do some reading up :happy: