1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Kayak For Fishing ??? OCEAN PROWLER 13

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Jellyworm tuning in ;D ;D I ll third or fourth or whatever the opinions on the P 13 having aquired mine mid summer , quality absoloute quality !!
    I was told to budget around £1000.00 for me to get most of the kit and my yak.......to date I have only just gone over that ...........by about another £1000.00 !!!!! ;D Worth every penny for those must have extras.... ;D
    Seriously the lads who yak on here are very helpful and we get together to have some serious fishing sessions rather than a jolly paddling around playing at fishing....HARDCORE !!! ;D ;D ;D

cHEERS WORM

2. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Is that a dig Worm Boy??? ;D ;D

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Moonman how could you even suggest the thought that I may be anything other than a perfect gentleman ........?????

4. cps

cps Rockling

i think its time for some torpido tubes on the trophy , keep all you yakers at bay ;D

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

;D ;D ;D

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

At bay ?Which one Robin Hoods, Nth bay Holbeck , Cornelean, Filey ??..... ;D ;D ;D

7. cps

cps Rockling

any that i see em in ;D

8. newdave

newdave Guest

Better be careful, we had a straw poll on who of the the top Anglers would be the first to crack & buy a Kayak, the letters CPS featured high in the betting ::)

9. quint

Bit of reverse psychology i think, I'm sure CPS has worked out the benefits ;)

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Bought an Ocean Prowler Elite today, seems like a good tub, could do with some help rigging it out, any members willing to give me some advice on best tackle etc would be sincerely welcomed. Bought this instead of the P13 as it is slightly longer giving just a little more stability and forward momentum and more importantly got it at the right price as it has a couple of marks. Ken

11. newdave

newdave Guest

And the Flotilla grows, welcome aboard Ken 8)

12. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks Dave, hoping its not just a wim, seems to be the logical way to go, love my fishing, love my yaking. Might have a paddle in the bay sometime next week. Its a bit of a big bus compared to my nimble w-water yak. I'm fairly sorted with the paddling side of it but any advice on fishing gear etc would be greatfully received. Was talking to Rod in Wet & Wild today, he thinks we are all nutters lol.

13. newdave

newdave Guest

well hes got that bit right, apart from the worm, who's very sensible. Oh did we tell you about the rest of the stuff you now need ???
    Fishfinder, GPS, VHF, Flares, cuddly toy, etc. Santa will be here soon ;D ;D ;D

14. carpyken

carpyken New Member

have a VHf radio and the safety kit, also have a bit of light boat and spinning gear, not too worried about fish finders ect at mo but again advice freely welcomed.

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Fish finders are optional but very handy all the same and your tackle will probably suffice Ken but we,ve all become tackle tarts ::) mines starting to look like the grand turk once I get all my rods in their holders. ;D

16. newdave

newdave Guest

I think you need a few more plugs tho Ramrod ;)

17. quint

Get a fishfinder Ken, they give you so much info, depth, contours, nature of sea bed etc. I have an Eagle Cuda 128 which I find is fine, about 70 quid, you can get better ones its a question of how much you want to spend, do a word search on here for info, I know a few lads have had a few probs here and there so be careful, some sort of navigational aid is safe, GPS or compass, everything else is optional really - just ask on here for any help

Cheers Quint

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Cheers Quint, I will no doubt get one but I cannot get a 'mindset' on having one just at this moment having just blown all that cash on the yak, especially so close to Christmas. I'm researching all the other bits to rig it out at the mo such as anchor pulley systems etc. Looking forward to kitting it out, going to make my own trolley and what-ever else I can as I have access to a fabrication workshop

19. robq

robq Rockling

You might find that you need a rudder kit on the elite Ken, I found it very tiring paddling on one side continuosly in a cross wind or sea, As soon as I fitted mine the difference was amazing !! I paid around £150 for mine. I dont think the p13s suffer quite so bad with them being a little shorter, You wont regret getting the bigger yak as they are definitely much faster than the p13 ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Rob

20. Aikidojohn

Aikidojohn Hmm, that must hurt

::) When I was looking for a yak I was given the choice between the P13 and the Big Game I had the P15 for around a month then changed over to the Big Game both were X demos, so I could change my mind. ???

The P13 was with out a doughty a faster paddle and tighter turning. :D The Big Game is slower a bit bigger in the turning, but I found it much more stable with more places to fit it out the way I wanted. The clincher was when I went to Bury Port Wales. ??? I did not know the place so went to the local fishing shop and asked if there were many kayak fisher around and where they fished. They told me that the kayak's only went out a few 100 yards. :D So off I went but it was a spring tide and to cut a long story short. River meats tide, 7 knott tide water boils up to about 2' and yes I was court in it through-en about a bit but felt safe all the time. I am not sure where the P13 would have done as well I think I may have been turned out.

So I have the Big Game slower,Yes, but if the s**t hits the fan I think safer. The only 3 I would chose from are the P15 P13 and the Big Game. You may have seen that I have not said anything about the NEW Trident! after talking to some that have paid for them, Hmm, all I can say is try before you buy may be you will find you are riding a little high and you must have a rudder.

TRY BEFOR YOU BUY IS A MUST

On North Wales Kayaka Fishing site there is a report that you can get a Big Game for £500 delivered.

Hope this helps

AJ 8)