1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Headtorch?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Borissped, Oct 5, 2013.

1. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

The hong kong sites will tell you anything for a sale and you will get very poor after sale service if any, if 5000 lumens was possible why dont the likes of princeton ,fenix,petzl do them? I think the top petzl only produces 380 real lumens.If you want good batteries [18650 type] then buy ones like sanyo or panasonic [£12-20 for 2] but one thing to look out for is their length as they may not fit your holder,most of the batteries with these lamps are poor quality recycled laptop batteries and as for ebay batteries you pays your money you takes your chance.

2. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Pettz zoom light battery Lester couple of years

3. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

The Ultra Accu 4 only appears to be the battery pack. Which headlamp are you using with it?

4. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

He's using a petzl ultra pure pwr,the accu 4 is the lithium ion batt powering it,last forever burn time.
    I have the same lamp fitted witht the std accu 2 batt.350 lmns of pure pwr ;)proper white light ,will set fire to your eyeballs with these lamps 8)

5. stiffmeister2

stiffmeister2 Hooked On Bass

The Petzl ultra accu 4 has a top quality lithium battery and that has a guarantee for at least 10,000 charges so I'm hoping if I last until I'm 110 years of age that it's still going strong and no its not just a battery pack on the headset it's on the end of a bomb proof sealed cable and I put it in my inside pocked in my jacket because it's not bulky and it weighs nothing at all you don't know it's there pluses with the Petzl battery pack you press a nice well placed button and it comes up with 4 bars and this tells you how long you have left on light burn time and each bar is about 5 hours ish on full power. I know different companies claim to have 10 billion lumens but this is rubbish I have a neighbour who has a creepy and it claimed to have 800 lumens and he would not accept that it was anything less than what the light box said so I invited him over and yes it's bright but my Petzl was much brighter 100% better built it 100% waterproof to 20 fathoms so you can dive with it because it's a fully sealed unit and he used his for a small part of last season and it's rusted on every metal part on the light and into the battery pack I took it apart for him last week and it fell apart it's rubbish. I have used every headlight going I think me and lobbers used to like lighting the end of the east pier up with our beams on our site halogen Petzl conversion lights and yes it's great but hasn't anyone noticed a bright light or 10 shining at a fish spooks the hell out of the fish and I have seen good fish lost through through this so I'm happy with my headlight it's got 3 light settings and tons of burn time and when you get to the end of the charge it's got a full hour in reserve on full power so you get home safely around the rocks. It's got a great light beam it's got a very long beam 350meters and a massive wide beam so it's a all round great light I even used mine last year as a light on my helmet so. I could bike home from hospital every night after my steroid sessions and I lit the road up and I used to charge it once a week. Great headlight have a read about it on YouTube it's got a 10/10 rating in outdoor activities magazine so it's obviously used for walking rock climbing and I know it's used by great Britain pot holing squad and various other sports and activities :) No maintenance apart from wipe the glass on the head torch and other than that it takes care of itself