1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Headlamp For Pier And Shore Fishing.. All Advice Welcomed ????

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by CAB78, May 30, 2013.

1. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi

Which headlamp would you reccomend for pier and shore fishing? I've looked at the results of the survey on the Holderness site and the Princeton TEC Apex comes out on top.

This is the one I am fancying but just wanted to see if anyone knows of a newer/better headlamp. I have heard about the Cree ones but was after something robust. Also never know which Cree one to get and from who on eBay as some sellers have mixed reports etc.

Thanks for the help

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Headlamp

Most of the lads use the cheep crees now. Ive got one and would still go for a more robust lamp. The Crees are cheaply made, My battery £ucked up after first charge and I was told that they often use old batteries bought in bulk.

I had a princeton and rated it highly. However Ive just bought a fenix h11 and can tell you its every bit as good if not better than the Princeton and about 50 quid cheaper.

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/fenix-head-torches/fenix-hp11-head-torch.html

3. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=372

4. limpet

limpet Blenny

+1 for the fenix hp11 worth every penny :yes:

5. CAB78

Thank you for the quick replies and links. I hadn't seen the fenix hp11 before. Gets some great reviews and a fair bit cheaper than the Princeton.

6. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I have a fennix hp20 I think it is 230 lumen it's a mint lamp got it from torches direct online and they are a mint company to deal with any problem and they sort you out strait away highly recommend them

7. Baramundi Bob

£40 from America - here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fenix-HP11-Cree-XP-G-R5-LED-Headlamp-277-Lumens-Waterproof-Torch-Light-Yellow-/160969909981?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item257a8de6dd

8. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

LED Lensers?
    So pleased with my H7r I am currently waiting delivery of the H14r.
    So light, comfortable and long lasting.

9. CAB78

well after reading the advice and reviews i finally decided on the fenix hp11. Ordered it on Sunday from torch direct and arrived yesterday. really pleased with it from first impressions, looking forward to giving it a try out.

thanks again for your help and advice

10. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

CREES ARE SUPERB MINE IS ON SEASON 3 1200 LUMENS
    CANT FAULT IT
    BUT SADLY BUILD NOT UP FOR IT SO YOU NEED TO BE LUCKY
    DRY JOINTS ETC BUT EASILY OVERCOME