1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which fixed spool reel

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by boro boy, Nov 8, 2013.

1. boro boy

boro boy Blenny

looking to get fixed spool reel. which are the best ones to get

2. jarcop16

jarcop16 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

This web site is really quality post. Can make lots of people who do not know each other. Have met and known to be a shared experience acquired across

3. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

4. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Crack??

5. robq

robq Rockling

SPAMMER ::)

6. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

I have just got a penn battle 8000 mate brilliant bit of kit

7. robq

robq Rockling

I like my battles, great winching power :) line lay not so great for big casts though anc needs a bit of profiling of the backing ;)

8. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

B Robot :)

9. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

is that you Jason? get a battle bud

10. boro boy

boro boy Blenny

yes ben its Jason what sort of price

11. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

£100 at whitby angling mate

12. ash-ov-boro

ash-ov-boro Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

my mate has a penn affinity 8000 lc & a penn surf blaster 8000 both seem like quality reels he seems to think the surf blaster is better than the affinity and the surf blaster was about £40 cheaper both brand new

13. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Have a look at the new Penn conflict 8000, meant to be a based on a tweaked / improved Battle......?

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The Opus Bull 6000 is a tough reel , well built , casts decent has a spare spool and you can get it for 70 odd quid , theres also reels in
    the Fin Nor range that are as tough as old boots again in the 70 odd range

15. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The fishing tackle shop in Saltburn has just got some of the Fin Nor FS reels in stock , the 7500 and the larger 8500 OS reel both good
    reels

16. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

I actually came on here a couple of days ago to ask the same question as I am 'poo' with a multiplier hah ! tbf I am a complete novice BUT after reading the link to the other thread I took note , went to Keiths ...had a play and opted for the Penn battle 8000. Ive not cast it out to sea as yet but went out on a field in pretty windy weather today and was getting more distance than when I was trying to cast a multiplier or cheap fixed spool. The battle seems to cast dead smooth to anything ive used in my very short time in the hobby :)

17. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

spend a few more quid mate and go for the ultegra xsc you wont be disappointed i have 2 now and wont go back to anything else now

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

How much are the xsc cassy?