1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which bait on the boats in summer??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Andyk22, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all,

i have only ever used squid on the boats in summer (mainly cos there is no messing about while rocking around) however is there any great value in using other baits on the boat??

i have some crab in the freezer i was keeping for my shore expeditions but would it be better / worse / who knows as the standard whole squid dropped to the bottom???

what aboput worm baits??? has anyone used anything different and had more success??

:blindfold: :educated:

2. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

posted this in the wrong bloody place.......what a doyle :blindfold:

3. Tug

Tug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

All depends where you are fishing, depth type of ground and of course what you are trying to catch, close in sandy bays etc. worms are great.
    I usually use squid or mussel or both together as they are cheap and easy to come by and a good all round bait, mackerel strips or flappers for bigger fish are good if you can get fresh mackys but on a good day anything works on a bad day it's pot luck what will catch, can't beat a good selection it's how much you want to spend. :laugh:

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Fresh mackerel dropped into a wreck over slack water takes some beating ;)