1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Bait Where To Source Good Winter Cod Fishing Baits Please ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by fishingdave, Sep 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. fishingdave

fishingdave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi can anyone help me ???? I live in Derbyshire and am starting to do some sea fishing around Whitby area but as I live so far away I am struggling to get hold of any nice fresh rag worm, live peelers, or even frozen ones, does anyone know where I can get hold of any at short notice .or am I asking to much

2. bow1

bow1 Rockling

peeler probably difficult to get...has been all year but youll be able to get frozen worm,squid,razor,cart mussel etc frorm tackle shops.Probably live lug,/yellas/blacks too.
    try speaking to Dan in Whitby angling supplies sure hell be able to help..

3. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Cart will be the best bait and easiest for you to source. A few forum members are selling it. Try @torchy

Bill Costins in Scarborough always has the best mussel.

All you need for a decent chance of fish is Cart, Mussel and Blacks. All will be easy for you to get hold of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

5. fishingdave

thanks will try them

6. fishingdave

thank you

7. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

www.onlinebaitsuk.co.uk/Sea-Baits
    Plus baits r us -on line supplier.
    As you live in Derby it would be more practical to "stock" your freezer with many options
    available on line.

ive bought bulk unwashed squid (for long lining) & cuttlefish & used both for shore fishing

in cocktails & both are a addition to cart etc.
    by doing this you can pr-order any fresh lug etc from Whitby/saltburn/costins etc for the day you get
    up here.

if a few of you "club" together you can get a better deal on razors etc by buying bulk.
    ring for details,theyl want your business.

Regarding Derby, does Derby Angling have frozen bait?

If you have anyprobs, im down at the Flower Pot in Nov (see the magnificent Smyths)

my sister lives in Allestree, pm me if you want some bait getting from up here prior to

me coming to Derby.

8. fishingdave

thank you all for your reply's they have been very helpful looking forward to trying them out.

9. simon22

simon22 Rockling