1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do the bass go at low water

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ijakk, Jun 20, 2013.

1. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've not had much success with bass on lures over lw, picked up the odd small fish but I've never had any consistent action so much as I could say, this is my lw mark, it's a combination of lack of knowledge and confidence.

Obviously some of you seasoned pros will be able to boast success over lw, so I would be interested to know exactly where you are fishing, no only joking, what I'd like to know is what makes a good low water bass mark, apart from the presence of bass of course, is there some elements that I'm missing and I need to be looking out for.

When I say low water I mean a couple of hours either side.

Rich

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive had bass from the low water marks that you would fish for cod. Shallow scar type marks, wrack weed, kelp, gullies big boulders etc. Theres plenty of scope at Kettleness. Ive had 2 five pounds on the very early flood. Think of the marks on the front scar rather than near the ledge.

3. congerball

congerball Blenny

Personally I like to fish near a point, kelpy areas surrounded by sand. Where there's a bit of tidal flow. Ideally late evening.

Anywhere there's gannets diving or sand eels jumping.

Have a walk out in your waders and see if there's much movement, small flattys, sand eels, prawns etc.

No pro by a long way mate, all the gear and no idea, that's how I feel when I'm fumbling around dropping lures and hooking myself.

Tightlines

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

You dont do so bad.

5. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thank you gents off to Scotland this weekend for 5 days hopefully I will be able to put you advice to good use. One more question, when prospecting new areas I find myself covering lots of ground, that next point always looks so inviting, but I'm starting to think that I should focus more on a smaller area than dashing around the place like a lunatic, how do you guys approach a new area ?