1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Is It Best To Fish ?? Day Or Night ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by northeast shore fisher, Nov 25, 2014.

1. northeast shore fisher

northeast shore fisher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what do you guys find more productive a session in the day light tide or a session after dark hours my self would prefer a night time fish my self but every one to them self's 8) tight lines 8)

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

If you are after cod , whiting night time is usually the best , that dosent mean to say you cant catch these fish during the daylight hours , far from it ---- I have had many a good bag of fish during the day and seen some very good cod caught , if you get a dingy
    murky day your chances will improve given the right sea conditions and colour in the water , what you will find is cod will hang around
    in shallower water on a night than during daylight , I have had cod in 18 inches of water on a night ----- Some beaches fish better than others during the day -- Runswick Bay can be good , I personally haven't done really well from Sandsend Beach during the day
    but no doubt somebody else might have done well

3. cuzza

cuzza Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Think the colour of the water is very important ...ive caught cod during the day at redcar scar but the water was like soup if you fishing deeper water is maybe not so important but I have to say I fish predominantly at night

4. cuzza

cuzza Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Also I think weed and kelp make the fish feel more secure during daylight ...look for coloured water and plenty weed when exploring the rock marks .which is best done during daylight hours please don't go exploring in the dark ????

5. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Catch all the time in daylight , from a kayak ;-) I'm no expert but maybe based on statistics in catching then night seems better? Maybe them come in closer if water as said darker.
    I know course fishing dawn and dusk is always best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whitby Bass Club have caught 208lb, 140lb, 45lb and literally dozens of other fish well over 10lb, all from the shore, all in The Uk and all in strong daylight.