1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did Redcar Angling shut?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bobthedog, Nov 15, 2018.

1. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Fancied a few hours tonight, tried to get fresh bait from Whitby & Saltburn with no luck so went to Redcar only to find the shutters pulled down. So when did they pack in?
    As for tonight found enough frozen stuff lurking in the freezer so it's off to Sandsend on the beach to fish the tide up.

2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Think few weeks ago,BRI carragher told me,MBE he knows exactly when.

S/end upgang to golf course been fishing recently.

Be a bit sheltered ,wind getting up now.

3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

About a fortnight ago Bob, been up for sale a while due to retirement plans, no buyers so gear gone with them into retirement

4. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Had a few hours at Sandsend, the water was gin clear. Bites were a bit thin on the ground but I did manage a Flounder, Dab and a couple of Whiting. One of the Whiting was one of the longest thin fish I have ever seen, by the size of it it should have been over a pound & a quarter but it would be lucky to make 12oz. Nipped to Whitby pier this morning to fish a couple of hours either side of high tide. It was harder going than last night with one small billet to show for it, even the crabs weren't that bothered.

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

least you had a go bud well done