1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's The Summer Festival Going To Bring Aboard

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mick Gibson, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well again it's like the week before Christmas, getting all the gear sorted and ready to get afloat.

Just watching a video I had done a couple of years ago and seeing those rods going over is getting me right in the mood.

http://youtu.be/RIGWxZCFXyg

Hoping we can get most days out sea and certainly looking forward to getting my backside upto Whitby again.

Just wondering if it's just me or does everyone get that childhood feeling :)

And any predictions for this year ? there have been plenty of reports of good catches on here when the boats have got out but the grandparents seem to be waiting for that lucky angler.

Good luck to all involved.

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Yes good luck lads. Had to cancel my day out with Paul due too illness of my mates dad. Hope u all have a great time

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well mick the bigger cod a now poking there heads out we had this 15lb cod yesterday on Sea-Otter 2 so let's hope a more of these will start to poke there heads out .

We also got this ling a very thin one which was also around the 15lb mark just recently spawned which would almost certainly would have been near on 20lb in top condition .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

paul.

Attached Files:

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

think i will have to see if i can make a date and get some festival fishing in.
    just so busy at the moment ,

5. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Game on Paul the boys are coming out to play :) that's a nice 15lb cod lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that plenty more show their face

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

And with the £5000 1st prize it's all to play for it starts Saturday .

Paul

7. Basshunter

Basshunter New Member

Yes, me and my mates are ready to make what will be our tenth annual 'pilgrimage' from London, and we've been making and modifying rigs on and off since last Christmas. As ever, the challenge will be to break through that 15lb mark, so I've bought some big 12/0 catfish hooks and the plan this year is to play the long game and fish some truly epic sized baits that will hopefully tempt a big serpent! I agree entirely with what Mick G says above, in that the first day out drums up the same sense of excitement within me that I first experienced as seven year old fishing aboard the diesel cobbles of Flamborough Head, and I expect it always will. I'M not planning to retire for another 20 years, but when I do, I'd love to spend half the summer as a deck hand for one of the skippers, just like Malc or John Wilcock. Can't wait to be on board again! Dunc