1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the bigest bass you have ever caught?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ryanfish, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

im going bass fishing when the season starts and im just wondering
    what is your biggest ever Bass and what type of way did you catch it.

im yet to catch a bass and looking forward to catching one. :cheesy:

2. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I've only ever caught one! In a bass match it was about a pund if that.

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

ive never caught one aswell ryan

lost one about 2-4lb on sandsend beach in the waves

4. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

got two in two consecutive cast's in november using ragworm and telpie.2.5lb and 2.25lb

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Can i join the "never caught a bass" club please? :confused:

6. chiplips

chiplips Blenny

4 pounder at skipsea 4 years ago :baby:

7. woody

woody New Member

7 half pound .plymouth caught by accident when eeling took full cuttlefish on a 9/0

8. macky

macky New Member

8lb 13oz from holderness coast
    half a crab at distance

9. bucko

bucko Guest

Up to 3lb in Wales.
    About three quarters of a pound round these parts but I have had bigger ones 'swirl' at the plug.

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2 pound from Long hole in March a few years back. Bloody thing never even made our club size limit. It came in at 40cm. Dog enjoyed it all the same :wink:

11. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

6 lb 10 oz, the fish on the kayak fishing bookmark, maria chase plug August 07, Flamborough

12. Maxie

Maxie New Member

11lb 4oz on half a crab,ive never had one anywhere near since but most years i get one between six and seven,which is still a good fish.
    i think nowadays one over 5 pounds a good fish.

13. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

10lb6oz bass from south wales fishing for congers it took half a mackerel the place is called the green light
    cheers ian

14. Mark

Mark Blenny

12lb 5 oz.Alderney ,rapala j11 blue/silver,in total darkness ,bass took the plug as i was about to pull it from the water and immediately removed 70 yards of line from my reel. Plugging not to be undertaken if you have a dodgy ticker :scare: have recently had fish to 8lb 4oz and 7lb 1oz,7lb 2 oz the latter two on crab the 8lb 4oz was taken on an aile magnet popper.

15. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

About 2.5lb off a local beach on bait,5lb off the boat(lure) and a 2lb and a 3.5lber at the same time on a lure.I thought it was my dream come true when I saw the bar of silver surface away from the boat, totally amazed when I brought them to the net!!!!!!!

16. 3.5ib off flamborough last august i had quite a few bout that size

17. fire1160

fire1160 New Member

shite lol mines a stickle back lol 2pound bout 4 years ago mappleton stinking old lug pennle rig :cry: :cry:although i did put it back :crazy:

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Biggest on bait is around 3 .1/2 lb ......biggest on plugs was estimated at around 7lb , the fish it self was just over 65 cm long measured correctly , caught locally........ :happy:....one of my memorable fish .......

19. Phil A

Phil A New Member

Dav,

regarding weight to length comparisons for bass. The Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society produce a handy tape measure with the average weights of fish against the overall length (the tip of the nose to the the tip of the tail). I suspect you measured your fish from the tip of the nose to the fork of the tail. 65cms overall length gives a weight about 6 1/4lb but of course fish vary a great deal. My my biggest Yorkshire bass (shown below) weighed 8-2 and was extremely fat and measured only 1cm more than your fish at 66cms but it had a girth of 41cms. I've also had 7lb fish at 70cms and 71cms. 71cms is the length given on the tape for an 8lb bass.

[​IMG]

20. newdave

newdave Guest

[​IMG]
    in this case 72cm = 8lb 12oz but it was 200cm deep at the belly :cheesy:

wont be long now before the new season :happy: :happy: :happy: