1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best way to cook cod?

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by mad mick, Mar 5, 2011.

1. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i always have chopped heads and tails off then stuck it in the oven till i think its cooked. today i dabbed it in flour mixed in with salt and black peper then popped it in the frying pan. any top chefs who want to give me some cooking advise thanks from mad mick

2. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Beer batter!

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

millions of ways tocook it but pan fried in seasoned flour is nice

4. TheCodfather

TheCodfather Guest

poached with a nice egg on the top

5. king ling

king ling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Baked in the oven in tin foil with grated cheddar cheese on top delicious.

6. cleeclive

cleeclive Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Get a big microwave dish, add a bit of oil, finely chop a large onion, some capsicum and chilli, Full power for 5 minutes
    Chop up a box of mushrooms andd to the mixture along with some dried herbs and give it another five on full power.

Fillet and skin a couple of decent cod and slice up into chunks, add to the mixture with some salt pepper, a tin of chopped tomatoes and the juice of half a lemon and give it another 5-10 mins at full power stirring halfway through.
    Add a large carton of double cream give it another stir and blast for another five minutes

Serve with a pan of Tilda basmati rice cooked with a big slab of butter or marg in the water, a stick of French bred and a bottle of Chardonay

Don't forget an extra Cholestrol tablet when you go to bed

You will find it delicious

7. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cleeclive that sunds very nice must give it ago

8. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

microwave ????? its fresh fish..... microwaves are only used to warm heinz beens and soup not fish