1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best thing thats happened to you in your fishing career?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ryanfish, Apr 1, 2008.

1. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

what is the best thing that you have done or what has happened to you.

personally mine is catching my first shore codling and entering
    whitby sea anglers as a junior and winning it,also coming 2nd in ship inn.

Ryan

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

My pb bag and fish both on the same night from Runswick, couldnt believe I had the place to myself on a club night.

3. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Mines when i caught my 1st ever shore caught codling i think.
    Dan.

4. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

i think you were there glen when i got mine wernt u?
    when did you get them glen?

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

first ever cod 9lb 8oz :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

6. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

thats mint for a first one!

7. bengunn426

bengunn426 Blenny

personal best cod 10lb,11oz,shore,it was like loosing me virginity again,adrenalin pumpin legs shaken and nackerd me out, definatly the best thing so far :yes: :laugh:

8. langy

langy Rockling

ma first codling and ma 6lb 2oz pig lued it :happy: :happy:

9. macky

macky New Member

8lb 13oz bass and a 8lb 6oz bass from holderness coast :whistle:

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

As far as sea fishing goes I guess it when I caught my first Cod last November at 4lb (still my biggest!), never been so chuffed to catch a 4lb fish! :embarrass:

11. GJW

GJW Rockling

Winning the Whitby open in 2000, It was a truly great feeling... :yes:

12. dbrown

dbrown Guest

What about catching several doubles Gaz?

13. Baramundi Bob

heres one for you gary :

[​IMG]

14. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thanks for that Glenn a younger GJW.... put a bit of weight on since then and don't get up Boulby quite so fast nowadays....
    But i must admit it was a better feeling than catching any double figure fish or winning any of the other opens i have been lucky enough to win because i rate the lads from Redcar, Whitby, Scarbrough and Filey area's as some of the best anglers at that type of fishing anywere in the country, It was something i had dreamt of doing since i was young lad and was lucky enough to achieve it.

15. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Cod over 30lb in my boat.Date was friday August 13th (lot of years back)my mates never turned up so I went on my own.2nd drop on jigger bang,I could see it coming up on the sounder,no gaff or net to hand(still in wheelhouse) so I was reaching inside when the t##t came adrift.Some swift work had it clepped under the chin and aboard revealing the split ring had straightened out somehow.Unlucky friday 13th never entered my head :scare: :scare:

16. Baramundi Bob

Yes its a top achievement to win any of the opens Gary, especially the heavy bag ones. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was really pleased for you that day.

17. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thanks Glenn...

Well done Andy, a cracking local boat caught cod and all on your own aswell, a great achievement.... :happy:

18. newdave

newdave Guest

Meeting quint & having a paddle in his Yak, in 9 months i have gone from someone who fished as a youngster. to a born again Angler & am loving it :happy:.
    Oh & i wont mention that Bass :embarrass:

19. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Cheers Gary my mates faces said it all when they saw it. :vomit:

20. GJW

GJW Rockling

Haha i bet they all turned up for the next trip though... :yes: