1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats going on with the police

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by harrythecod, Jul 7, 2010.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

Personally i don't like the police and have no faith in the system or how it works.
    This isn't a dig at you dave,me and mrs s have needed the help of the boys in blue twice over the last 15 years and been severely let down on both occasions.
    The first time she was beat up by one of fileys "hard men", there was witnesses and photographic evidence taken by the police.
    The investigating officer was a lifeboat crew member at the time with the "hard man".
    We weren't given a court date to attend or nothing,the first we heard of it was a letter through the post saying the "hard man" had walked away scot free as by some amazing coincidence,all the alleged charges were transferred onto his Mrs who took the wrap.
    We were never made aware of this and never given a chance to defend it.

Sorry for diverting off the topic but that's the sort of thing which gives joe public no confidence whatsoever in the law... tight lines

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Oh I totally agree with you smokey as to why faith is poor...........just a little thought for you here which might be relevent to your example.

Police particularly CID departments are measured on performance...that measure is often based on detected crimes. Crimes are considered detected when an offender is charged or reported or cautioned.

Cps are measured on successful cases at court.....so early guilty pleas and plea bargaining is common place.

So we have police desperately trying to put people to court only then to have the CPS doing their best to kick em out rather than risk putting the job to trial.

I m never going to argue that there are not failings but a lot of the time the people working hard get tarred with the same brush and that can become evocotive....bit like some of the past debates on the fishing industry....and we both know what can happen inthose debates.....so lets no revisit old arguements ...time is a great healer. :wink: :wink:

Back on topic though.........with a little thought I still think it is very very clear that massive efforts are being made to capture him.

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Lets keep on the subject lads. Young langy, regardless of your feelings, a good yardstick before you put something in print is to ask yourself, would you say the same thing to someone in person! if the answer is, probably no, don't print it. Opinions are fine, insults are not. If someone said all builders are crap I think I would be offended too! now be good or I,ll tell your dad :surprise:

4. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

on a lighter note lads, i've just been informed from a very good source (i.e lobbers) that if raoul moat is not caught by this saturday night the police will be doubling the reward to £20,000-

they said it would be a raoulover

5. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Looks like they have got him ....................................................Thank god.

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

I'm sure i saw you on rogue traders the other week ray... :whistle: :wink: :happy: tight lines

7. langy

langy Rockling

haha, yh thats right foo

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Got that wrong then didnt I.................................................Strange thats twice I have been wrong this year :whistle: :whistle:.