1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to wear on my feet?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carlness, Oct 29, 2013.

1. carlness

carlness Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hello im just wondering what you guys wear on ya feet in winter, i plan to be fishing jacksons bay which is very rocky so need good grip etc,

at the minute im wearing a cheap £20 pair of tresspass boots that keep my feet nice and toasty with just a thin pair of cotton socks on, but i want chest waders and they obviously come with wellies attached.

In the past my feet have froze with wellies on to the point ive just gone home, so any advice appreciated thanks, also advice on waders lots of different materials etc its confusing for a beginner

2. robq

robq Rockling

Get yourself a pair of stocking foot breathable bison waders with studded wading boots :) about £100 off flea bay

Best of all worlds in my opinion ;)

Good grip, ankle support, feet nice and warm with neoprene stocking feet and body doesnt get cold and clammy as the waders breathable :)

3. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm going to buy some skeetex boots as I always get cold feet.

4. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Pair of breathable waders with neoprene socks. Then a decent pair of boots fastened up properly.

Being a true northerner I wear my flip flops on such mark ;D

5. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what are the 'best' waders for the job guys??
    when i say best i mean the best breathable ones as im a sweaty northerner and find whatever i use i end up walking round in a puddle and beleive it or not end up FAR too hot...............last pair i had were a boot fitted pair of crappy shakespere ones mind!!

im thinking of stocking cut paired with wading boots, above the Bison ones have been mentioned, are they good?? they are certainly a good price £99 for waders and boots with studs??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BISON-BREATHABLE-STOCKING-FOOT-WAIST-WADERS-COMPLETE-WITH-WADING-BOOTS-/290843531804?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Athletic_Shoes_ET&var=&hash=item43b7a01a1c#ht_3615wt_1203

as always, cheers lads!!

6. Woodsmanuk

Woodsmanuk @woodsmanuk

I've just received a pair of breathable sk3's from here.

https://sites.google.com/site/wadersrepairs/wader-sales

£100 delivered by FedEx

Good service. Informative website. :)

Simon

7. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

got a pair of these myself .the stocking foot waders are superb but the wading boots are a bit pants to be honest the rings that the laces go through have corroded and I've had to replace them with small split rings .as for the studs .they're just glorified roofers bolts ..the only ones I've bothered with are the expensive ones at £20 for twenty studs ..might sound pricey but once they're in they stay in ..

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I got the bison breatherble and a pair of vass studded wellies after I found the boots that come with them are bloody lethal ( on my arse 2 times in one session) so lads on here said bowt the studded wellies...... just drill a couple of holes in the boot dan at whitby angling supplies has them in and are cheaper than wading boots but the grips very very good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

9. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I got a pair of Aigle thigh length Parcours waders from theWellyShop.com. They were £105, but sadly now £130.
    Even at that price they are cheap though. Unbelievably comfortable to wear summer or winter, and I can walk literally miles (and I HATE wellies normally), as they are so well fitted around ankle. Rubber is the softest I have seen on any boot.
    I then got a pair of really cheap waterproof trousers, which I cut off at knee and turned up three times, and secured with fabric glue. They fit the waders so well, and cling to them, so I can now fish up to at least the tops of the thighs without fear of over wash, etc.. Frankly that is good enough for me, as I would not wade any deeper anyway.
    I am not saying this is a perfect solution, but I do most of my fishing on rocks and river bank, and so was worried about kneeling on sharp rocks, ripping on brambles or barbed fences. Thighs are almost impossible to rip.
    (Money no object, and for that latter reason, I would consider getting Aigle thighs bonded with chesties top at BassBoots.com, but current set up is pretty damn good)
    In winter I wear Ron Thompson fleece lined neoprene socks and am never, ever cold, even in large minus figures.
    And, even though soles are good, cleated and soft, grippy rubber, I impregnated with tungsten studs.
    There might be better solutions, but this is a damn fine one. And sometimes you really don't want to be wearing chesties?